29

Don't forget to vote!

"I thought that I was pregnant the other day" I muttered out, Cole now looking up from his phone

The two of us were waiting for my brother to arrive at our meeting place to talk. I was surprised when both Cole and I arrived at the same time.

"You... are you pregnant?" He then asked slowly.

"Thankfully, I'm not. It was just a stomach bug" I told him as I saw the relief wash over his face. He was nervous.

"Oh... well I'm glad you're alright." He spoke out after a few moments.

Just as we took our seats, Leo came in. It wasn't too long before he spotted us and took a seat in front of me.

I sat beside Cole while the two looked at each other, not speaking. I expected my brother to start the conversation since he wanted to meet with him, but instead he stayed silent.

Cole then cleared his throat, "It's nice to finally meet you Leo. I've heard a lot about you from Orabella" He spoke out with a neutral expression on his face.

A small smile formed on Leo's face, "I've also heard a lot about you... so you're the son of our father's murderer? I'm not sure how I feel about you dating my sister. You sure you won't get angry at her and kill her as well?" He asked in a mocking tone.

Just as I opened my mouth to say something, Cole placed a hand on my thigh from underneath the table.

"Yes, I am the son. But why can't we just put that past us? Even though he's my father, I didn't force him to do anything. Just as neither of you forced your father to do anything... that was their decision, not ours" Cole spoke out, Leo now looking irritated.

"Our father had good reasons for what he did-" Leo began.

"Good reasons like what? I would love to know why he helped with spiking my mom's drink, or why he kidnapped us" Cole quickly spoke out.

Just as I was about to place my hand on top of his, he moved it back on the table as he waited for my brother's response. I could help but feel hurt by that. He probably still despises me for what my father did.

I then looked at my brother, in the hopes that he would stop trying to purposely make Cole upset. Why was he doing this?

"He did it for his family" Was all Leo said.

A small laugh came from Cole, "Right... for his family. That still didn't give him the right to try and force my mother to be with him. So you're saying it doesn't matter what he does to other families?"

Leo then put his hands up, "Relax Cole... I was only trying to explain my father's side. Honestly, what is up with you Knights and not being able to keep a leveled head-" Cole then slammed his hand on the table.