Chapter 3 First ride

Reaching the railway station, Amos finally breathed in relief. They still had 5 mins to themselves before the train leaves. On the other hand, Cedric begin looking here and there for any known faces.

The entire 9 3/4 platform was filled with parents, students, trunks, pets and what not. The chattering of people, rushing past each other, the platform resembled very much the emotional status of each person there.

Bidding a heartfelt goodbye to his father, Cedric finally boarded the train.

On the other hand, Lyra too apparated to the station with her parents. Not willing to say goodbye, Remus kept fussing with her hair and dress. Soon the train gave it's last warning which made Reg to put a stop on Remus's act of stalling the inevitable. Finally the two men said goodbye to the girl and with last kisses and few tears Lyra too boarded the train.
Still looking out side the window she continued to wave goodbyes to her parents.

Once she was too far away from them, Lyra finally left the window side and started looking for an empty coach. 5 mins later she found a silent coach. Thinking it to be empty, the girl opened its door with a bright smile only to turn it into a glare upon finding the most infuriating person in her life sitting right there.

Cedric soon found an empty coach and made himself comfortable there. He was keeping his trunk up above the seat and was startled when another student came into the cabin. "Hey, can i join you? ", asked the black haired boy . " Sure", said Cedric and soon he found out the name of his new friend, Ernie McMillan.

After a couple of minutes Ernie left for washroom. Cedric was silently watching the outside scenery when he was again startled by the loud gasp that came from the door. Looking up he saw the vilest person he knew , also otherwise called Lyra Black standing at the door holding her heavy trunk.

Both the kids at once shouted, "YOU". Cedric groaned and closed his eyes mumbling why and why and why. Meanwhile Lyra stomped her foot in anger since this was the last cabin available. Cursing her luck , she came inside and put her trunk above the seat opposite to Cedric.

Knowing it's better to keep their mouth shut to prevent any further quarrels, both of them just resorted to folding their hands and watching the passing scenery with a scowl on their faces.

Ernie returned back to this dreadful environment. At first he was surprised to have a new companion with them but upon further scrutiny he found the existence of a certain cold War between his 15 min old friend and the new girl. Deciding to be polite he tried to introduce himself. "Umm.. Hi, I am Ernie McMillan. And you? ", he said putting forward his hand for shaking in front of the girl. Lyra looked at the stretched hand in front of her and have him a friendly smile while shaking their hands and said, " Hello Ernie, my name is Lyra. Lyra Black. Nice to meet you. "

Cedric scowled more after seeing his friend making acquaintance with his arch enemy. Deciding that the handshake was long enough he tried to engage his friend into a heated discussion about quidditch teams. Quite successful in distracting his friend Cedric gave himself a mental pat on back.

On the other hand Lyra understood the entire game and instead took out her favorite novel which was a gift from her aunt fully knowing how the book would further irritate the Diggory boy as the gift was another evidence of how much his dear aunt loved the vile girl. Soon with the quidditch discussion in her background, Lyra found herself deeply engrossed in the story.

After a few hours the train finally came to a stop. Ernie and Cedric stood up and begin to leave. Just then Cedric noticed Lyra was slumped on her window seat. Muttering to himself about how much of a trouble she is, with a heavy heart he asked Ernie to go ahead as he needed to wake up the girl. He had promised his aunt to look out for the tiny girl. The promise was the sole reason he allowed Lyra to share his cabin. He couldn't after all dare to disappoint Aurelia.

Shaking Lyra rather harshly, he said in a loud voice, "Get up, Ly. We are here. " Suddenly the girl was awoke and confused upon seeing Cedric right in front of her face. Understanding her confusion, Cedric repeated himself a bit softly now, "Umm.. We are here now. You need to get up. Almost everyone has left the train now. " Understanding finally, Lyra got up and both the kids left the cabin.

✨Do like the chapter. What was your favorite part? ✨