Chapter 19 Lyra's day out

It's the day after the 'high on drama' shopping trip. Truth be told, Aurelia couldn't spend much time with Lyra due to her busy schedule. It was always Cedric who somehow managed to grab opportunities to be with her. But after yesterday's outburst by Lyra, did Aurelia realize her mistake.

So, here she was in the House of Blacks, early in the morning.

Remus had wanted coffee due to the mind numbing headache that was forming. Last night they all went to bed quite late. Aurelia was there and nobody actually cared about the time. Well, now he was paying for it. He didn't want to think like that but perhaps, he was getting old.

So, imagine his surprise when he saw his sister in law making breakfast in their kitchen. He stopped at the kitchen entrance and took the scene in for a moment.

" You went home yesterday night, right",
Remus asked. Aurelia whipped her head around to see Remus standing there scratching his head. Giving him a sheepish smile while holding the spatula, she said, "Umm, yes. You see Remus, I was wondering that if I could spend the day with Lyra. Then I thought she would be so much happier if I'll cook her favourite chocolate pancakes. So, here I am. "

Remus gave Aurelia a stern look. "This is not due to what happened yesterday, is it? Aurelia listen to me carefully, Lyra is a child. What she said yesterday was not right. You don't have to prove something here", he said in a serious tone.
" I swear it's not that. She was not completely wrong though. I haven't spent much time with her of late. And being a child does not invalidate her feelings Remus. She is a child but she too feels. And yesterday she just told us what shw felt like. I see nothing wrong with that", replied Aurelia in a soothing voice.

Remus relaxed his tensed body and began the coffee machine. Half an hour later Regulus entered the kitchen only to witness his sister and husband cooking together while singing old songs. The scene was nostalgic. Before her marriage, when Aurelia lived there, this was almost a daily occurance with Lyra aur Kreature joining them regularly.

Regulus just stayed at the kitchen entrance, slightly leaned on the door and enjoyed the free show. The environment was light and happy. Lyra too came down rubbing her eyes and saw her father leaning over the kitchen door. She could hear soft singing voices but couldn't place her finger on who exactly were the singers. Joined her father as an audience she finally came across the lovely sight of her aunt and dad.

"Lia", came a delightful shout.
Both Remus and Aurelia stopped at once and looked at the source of the voice. Seeing an amused Regulus and overjoyed Lyra, both the singers blushed hard.
" Surprise", said Aurelia trying to wipe her hands quickly so that she could give a morning hug to the her brother and niece.

"It's the best surprise. And what are you cooking? Is it pancakes I smell? Oooo... Chocolate pancakes, isn't it Lia? Yes, yes I love them. Thank you, thank you, thank you! " Lyra tightly hugged her aunt expressing her happiness.