Chapter 25 Family is forever

✨First and foremost, hit the star icon dearest reader of mine 😊✨

Throughout the breakfast, Ethan made sure his wife completed everything he had put in her plate along with few other items he kept adding ,much to her indignation.
Only after a final threat of an impending puke session made him to relent.
On the other hand Aurelia kept cursing herself for the nightmare scenario since it lead to being over fed by her husband. "I feel like a whale. I only had a nightmare you know. I wasn't locked in a cell for 20 years without food. Now if I look at another toast I'll puke it all over you, " she said with fiery eyes which only made her look adorable in her husband's eyes.
"You are allowed to puke on me, my love. Besides I'll love you the same even if you resemble a whale oneday," Ethan teased her only for Lia to make a gagging sound and shoot him dirty looks.
They had left the table after eating or more like force feeding and were unaware of the upcoming questioning session.
Seeing their uncle and aunt getting up from the professor's breakfast table, both Cedric and Lyra sneakily went to catch up with them. The kids were ready for the ambush.

They tried to walk faster but alas their short legs were not long enough. " Wait for us, you two. You are making us run right after we had such delicious food. It would be a shame if it came back to the surface now, " cried Cedric seeing he would loose them at this pace.
The moment the couple heard Ced, they stopped and turned around in wonder. "Ced, Lyra, what are you two doing here? Did you guys need something?, " Lia asked walking towards the kids.
"We just wanted to know if everything was okay or not. And before you try to hide it, I'll just say that you both look like shit,...umm pardon my language, " replied Lyra ending at an embarrassed tone for her bluntness.

"What she meant was that you look tired and unwell. Not shit. Lia, you could never look like shit. Even if you do, it will be a beautiful shit, " Cedric tried to salvage the situation but ended up rambling nonsense as he often did in his aunt's presence. Feeling highly amused at the kids, Ethan tried to tease them by keeping a hand on his heart and wailing dramatically, "oh! great.. So Lia can't look like shit, but i can. Alright, Mr Diggory, we'll see how you'll fare after not getting any help from this 'shit looking' uncle of yours while you try to complete your homeworks. "

Cedric looked like a deer caught in headlights. Aurelia couldn't stop herself from butting in, "All right. Now, no one is going to say that word again.Ethan, honey, you look handsome as always. And, you two little people, " she said beckoning them to come towards her, after both kids were within a feet distance, she crouched down in front of them and continued while taking their hands in hers, "do not worry my loves. Your uncle and aunt are great. We just had a rough night errr..  had a lot of work yeahh... school work and hence didn't get much sleep. That's all. " Although Aurelia was definitely not a good liar, anyone could see through her white lies but as they say, for the kids , it was as if the moon was indeed hung on the sky by their Lia, they gobbled up her words and believed her blindly. Feeling sad for she had to sacrifice her sleep , both eagerly offered their help. Feeling blessed with such loving children, Lia simply bought them in a tight hug and gave them kisses on their foreheads and thanked them for their care.

Ethan knew even if Lia claimed not remembering her dream much, she'll feel scared once she'll be back to their chambers. Hence he suggested the kids to join them back where they could actually have a group tutor session. Not surprisingly, the two professors were quite good in their work. With strong and clear concepts, they would make learning a fun activity and the little ones loved such sessions.

Promising to meet them in their room in a half an hour with their study supplies, the 11 year olds left for their respective house dorms.
Keeping a warm hand behind Lia's back, Ethan guided themselves back to their destination.

Once they were back, he made his wife to sit on the bed and sat beside her holding her face in his palms lovingly. "You okay?, " he asked in a gentle voice. " I'm alright love, please don't fret, " replied Aurelia  with a smile. Caressing her head, Ethan bought his wife closer to him. Seeing an incoming blush, he smiled to himself and pressed his lips on hers lightly. Lowering the two on their bed, he caged her in his arms. Lia blushed red as a tomato. She tried to look at his chest to avoid his eyes, but Ethan lifted her face to his direction with a finger under her chin. "I love you. I love you just so much, " he confessed . Seeing his love pouring out like this, Aurelia teared up. Her lips wobbled and she tried to supress her cries. Ethan didn't say anything but simply took her in for a tight hug. Aurelia held his robes tightly in her fists and hide her face in his chest.
Tears began to flow freely and she began, " It was scary, Ethan. I don't remember everything. But I was scared. So scared. And you weren't there." Ethan tightened his grip on her to silently remind her of his presence. "I tried to leave but didn't know the way out. Then someone was hurt. It wasn't someone I know. But I thought I had died, the pain was too much. Ethan, don't leave me ever. " She cried bitterly. As she began reminiscing her dream ,things started getting more clear in her head. It was a graveyard. And there were some people there. She shut her eyes closed remembering the green light. Ethan kissed her forehead and bought her more close to him. He promised in his low, husky voice to never leave her side. He reminded her she was destined to be tortured by his kisses for a very, very long time.

He tried to soothe her, combing his hand through her hairs to calm her , he began rocking them to and fro. The couple simply stayed in each other's arms for few silent moments. Once she gained her composure, Lia looked up to face her husband. Her eyes looked swollen and Ethan kissed them to reduce the burning. He wiped her face and layed several kisses all over her face to brighten up her mood. Soon the tense environment grew light again. His wife was back to her smiling face. Lia too returned his favour and like once in a blue moon scenario kissed him with all her might. Catching him off guard, she managed to get on top of him on the bed and rained kisses all over his face. Both their eyes twinkled with adoration for the other. Its how their relationship has been. They sticked together, passed all the storms and would get back to their smiley selves soon enough.

Knowing that the two little monsters were soon to arrive, Lia got off him unwillingly of couse and soon the two made themselves presentable with little sweet moments in between.

As the kids made their entrance later, quickly the room was filled with laughter, teasings, and lessons. Needless to say, the day was well spent with family for the four of them. Moments like these helped in forging a stronger bond between them . This bond was needed, specially when they'll face the dark future soon enough. When they'll have the world against them, they needed such support systems. Lyra and Cedric were kids today but they didn't know their childhood was not going to be only filled of rainbows for long. There would come thunder, rain and storms. But they'll pass it all, as they had something much stronger on their side, the love, family and loyalty.

Not every dream comes true. Not every nightmare is the future. Some are mere warning. Warning to be alert, warning to start preparing for the future. But, all days are also not same. Life is so temporary. You see a person now and next you know, they are gone forever. And this was what scared Aurelia. She had lost a lot since her young age. This stability, no matter how fragile , she was determined to maintain it for as long as she could.

✨Author's Note : So dear readers, do comment what you liked here, what you didn't. Is there any particular scene you guys would like to read about?

My handful of readers, please don't be shy. A little comment here and there would make it much more wonderful. 😊

Happy Reading✨

1512 words