Chapter 18 Christmas Shopping & death of the ice cream

✨A special thanks to ForeverABitch909 for their amazing hardwork who edited and rectified my numerous mistakes in this chapter without a single frown. In just two days this person has made a special place in my heart. Thank you❤ ✨

_________________________________________

The next morning at The Diggory's was quite a sight. Due to their late night shenanigans everyone woke up later than expected. As a result the morning hours were a complete chaos. Why? Well, Amos had taken time off for the first half of the day. And hence they all needed to finish their majority of shopping by then. Late start meant being late for shopping. So salvaging whatever time they could by having a quick breakfast made by the Diggory brothers, the Quartet left for Diagon Alley.

Shops were there in long rows. Even if it was still early morning hours the place was crowded. Aurelia quickly grabbed Cedric's hand since he had a bad history of getting lost while making starry eyes at the display of the shops.

After 2 long hours of visiting and revisiting various shops they finally completed half of their tasks for the day.
"I want ice cream now. I'm too tired, dad," came a highly tired voice from the little boy. Since the ice cream parlour was two stores away and they were near a resting bench, Aurelia and Ethan decided to bring their orders while Amos and Cedric would sit and guard their purchases.

Due to a bit crowd, the couple did take some time to finally get their orders

Due to a bit crowd, the couple did take some time to finally get their orders. Coming out of the crowded parlour with both their hands full of ice cream treats the two quickly made their way to their family. Aurelia had imagined the gleeful scream Cedric would give out looking at his sundae. Well, scream he did. But to call it gleeful would be horribly wrong. There was nothing gleeful about his scream. Instead it was full of frustration, anger and dislike.
The target: of course his arch enemy, Miss Lyra Black who was sporting a look as displeased as Cedric.

The scene made Aurelia drop the one of the cones of ice creams she had from her hand.

The two insane kids had their hands over the other person's head effectively ruining their hair and were definitely fighting

The two insane kids had their hands over the other person's head effectively ruining their hair and were definitely fighting. Nothing new there.

"You hippogriff, " said Cedric.
"Ahhhh, you, you fire breathing dragon, " cried Lyra.
"Dragons are cool idiot, you are a.. a ferret. Yes, " replied Cedric with some difficulty in finding new insults.
"Then you are a bloody baboon. Who likes to climb trees? You, " exclaimed Lyra.
"Ahaa, actually I can climb trees. Unlike you, Miss," retorted Cedric.
"I'm not a monkey , hence I don't climb trees, " came the indignant reply from Lyra
"You..., " Cedric would have continued if it wasn't his father who suddenly came and separated the two and kept his palm over his son's mouth and had admittedly left his son unsupervised for few minutes wanting to catch up with an old friend.