Chapter 7 The next day

The next morning saw Aurelia up at around 5'o clock. She sat on her bed upon waking up and gave herself some time to stare at her husband unabashedly. 'His eyelashes are longer than mine.. Quite beautiful he is. Look how cute he looks while sleeping. Awww .' Ethan would have undoubtedly gone cherry red with embarrassment after hearing his wife's thoughts on his 'Beauty'.

' Ethan would have undoubtedly gone cherry red with embarrassment after hearing his wife's thoughts on his 'Beauty'

Aurelia continued with her musings for some more moments. Suddenly she remembered she needed to wake her husband up since as Hogwarts Professors they could not afford to show up late , specially on the first day of the term itself. Besides, as the assistant house heads of their respective houses, both Aurelia & Ethan were responsible for the first years' discipline. Hence, with great difficulty she decided to finally poke the sleeping bear. "Ethan, honey. Ethan , love wake up" she said while shaking her husband. Getting no desired results she decided to increase her efforts. "Psst.. Ethan. Ethan wake up." Even after calling him multiple times more, Ethan continued to sleep like a dead log. Now Aurelia was reaching her wits ends. She grabbed his comforter and snatched it away from his body. Again there was zero impact. The only thing left was something Aurelia didn't want to do on their first morning here. But seeing no other alternatives, she grabbed her wand, pointed it towards her dead to the world husband and simply chanted, "Aquamenti".

The sudden flow of water saw the revival of a dead man. Like a man possessed Ethan got up in a second and began looking around for the source of the sudden attack. The moment his eyes landed on the culprit he narrowed his eyes and said menacingly, "You! You are going to regret this Lia. Wait. Just you wait." Without giving Aurelia any further chance to move , with the agility to a great quidditch player which he was in his school days, Ethan jumped on his wife and bought her into a bear hug wetting her completely in the process. Aurelia screamed and tried to get away from him as far as possible. But was it possible? It was foolish to even think she could get out of her husband's grasp so easily. Now Ethan was of course not satisfied with this much. He soon started tickling his wife. What a better way to start his day then getting the chance to hear her musical laughter. He being the reason for the sound made it much more endearing to him. He was beyond delighted to see his wife squirming, laughing and squeezing her eyes shut. There was complete bliss today in their room. After few moments of unrelented tickling, Ethan finally decided to forgive his wife. Though he knew he deserved water being thrown at him more than anything specially since he was aware what a huge task it is to wake him up after a long day. Still he would be a fool to loose any chance of romance with his dear wife.
Aurelia could no longer stand on her own. If it wasn't for her husband's hand on her waist she would have fallen down by now. Ethan held her close to him while she composed back her bearings. 'My life looks so beautiful right now', thought Ethan while looking at his wife. Her cheeks were red with exertion. She looked like a vision to him.
Their morning romance was interrupted by the tweaking sound of their owl, Millie. Making Aurelia sit properly on their bed, Ethan went to the window to allow Millie to fly inside. She had a letter tied to her tiny left foot. The owl flew directly near Aurelia who instinctly offered the bird her hand for landing and gently took the letter. Millie hooted in delight when Aurelia caressed her entire body. Ethan then bought some owl treats for her which he and Aurelia together fed to her. After a couple of more moments, Millie flew back to the owlery.