Chapter 22 Back to work

Christmas break came to an end and soon Hogwarts was once again filled with busy professors and busier students. 4 months into the new term and classes had caught a nice rhythm now. The new students were no longer new and had comfortably settled into their old routines.

Tonight the first years were having a midnight astronomy class with Aurelia

Tonight the first years were having a midnight astronomy class with Aurelia. Nobody particularly fancied having to get up at 12 and march up all the way to the astronomy tower this late but nothing could be done in this situation.

Dragging her feet all the way with her roommates beside her, Lyra was not in a good mood right now. Her aunt was great and normally she loved her classes. But when it came to classes which hampers her beauty sleep schedule, Lyra was not impressed.

On the other hand, Cedric was whistling all the way with Ernie on his heels. The night was amazing. To have a beautiful view from the astronomy tower would be just a bit more better. To have his Lia teaching the class, well you get it. Cedric was beyond happy. He could happily give up a few sleeping hours in exchange of this class.
Did others share this notion? Except one or two others none of the students looked too delighted to be here.

The whistling came to an abrupt end when he collides with a soft body. "Ufff.. who in the name of Merlin...." words stopped flowing when he saw the thunderous look on one and only Lyra Black, who was also soon to be known as his murderer with the anger and frustration which was flowing out if her. "I am sorry. I am sorry, " Cedric quickly said putting his hands up in a surrender position. He knew when to puch Lyra's button and when to back off. Midnight was not the time for the former.

"It was not intentional. I swear. It's too dark. And maybe I was a bit sleepy too. Sorry, " he pleaded with a pained smile. Swallowing away her anger, Lyra in a very forceful but low voice simply grumbled, "you better keep your distance tonight. " Nodding aggressively, Cedric gave out a grateful sigh when Lyra resumed her walk. Looking at Ernie who too was waiting for a bomb to explode, the two boys simply shrugged and continued their trek to the tower.

Up on the tower Aurelia was waiting and when everyone arrived, she quickly apologized the students for keeping them up so late and started her session. With time the class became more lively and engaging. Students were learning to identify the different constellations in the sky. Lyra was much more interested now since her family had a strange obsession with the stars which she too shared now. Besides that, Lyra was already good on the subject. Hence she could be seen helping out her fellow students.

Aurelia too kept a sharp eye on her students to ensure none were facing difficulties in locating the stars she had given them as today's task

Aurelia too kept a sharp eye on her students to ensure none were facing difficulties in locating the stars she had given them as today's task. Satisfied with what she was seeing, Aurelia took position behind her own telescope and searched the sky for her brother.

"Sirius", she exclaimed softly, low enough not to be heard by others. No matter how happy or content she would be in her life, a part of her was missing. Her brother was gone for a long time now but dare she spent a single day not remembering him. Moments like this specially, looking at the stars, Aurelia truly missed her Siri. It was something they did in their childhood. Sneaking in the middle of the night to stare at the black canvas and the tiny dots twinkling all the way was their favorite pass time. Even Regulus would join them specially if it was a tiny Aurelia requesting his presence. Today she could just look at his namesake. Her Siri was not here with her.
With a last tearful graze at the bright star, Aurelia stepped back from the place and instead focussed on her students. Again her eyes settled down on Lyra and a tiny tear did fell from her right eye. Wiping away her sadness, a fake smile was then planted on her face and soon she ended the class, not wanting to torture the children anymore.

The students started going back to the castle with Aurelia right at the very last ensuring none were left behind. They must have only walked a few steps when suddenly Ethan arrived and they all stopped, surprised to have their arithmetic professor on the grounds this late.

"Ethan

"Ethan.., " mumbled Aurelia approaching her husband. Ethan smiled looking at his wife. "Good evening Professor. Good evening my dear students, " he said to all. "Since your class has thankfully ended, let's head back to our respective rooms now. Come on, " he further instructed and everyone again started walking.

"You didn't really need to come down to get us. We could have managed on our own. I was really hoping I didn't disturb your sleep, " said Aurelia quietly to her husband who was now walking beside her, at the end of the line. "Don't be silly, Lia. It's almost 2. It's Hogwarts but still. I don't feel good till I don't have you back in my arms, safe and warm. Besides the breeze is really refreshing. I don't mind it. And don't you let your silly mind make you feel guilty about waking me Or something like that. Ok, " Ethan replied holding her hand.

The rest of the journey went by in a comfortable silence. It was early January, the temperature was really low. To keep the students and herself warm, Aurelia had already casted a strong warming charm on all of them. Casting a similar charm on her husband silently the moment their hands joined, Aurelia was now calm. The distress, the pain, the emptiness she was feeling on the tower was now replaced by a complete serenity and tranquilness. It was all Ethan after all.

✨✨✨A bit different chapter then the others. Did you guys like it? Ethan is truly a gentleman , isn't he? Aurelia is really lucky to have him as hers. And that chubby faced little Cedric guys.. He is just too cute. Its going to be very difficult for me to write about a teenage or an adult Cedric. I just love him at this current age group. He is just too adorable.

Do like and maybe share my story. The views are quite low. I would love to have a bit more love and support.

Comment on your favorite parts. Any suggestions or requests are most welcome.

1107 words✨✨✨