Chapter 11 Halloween (Part 1)

The much awaited day was finally here. Aurelia was wide awake and was once again in a dilemma about how to wake up her 'dead to the living world' husband. The problem was that the man looked too cute and innocent and any attempts Aurelia had made till now we're half hearted. Just how cruel can she be to wake up someone who looked so innocent. But the clock was ticking. And now it was finally time to bring Ethan back from his dreamland. Most probably he was dreaming about Aurelia only. Or so she hoped.

Today Aurelia decided to be rather sweet in her approach. She crawled up to his front side and slowly began to roam her dainty finger from his head to his lips. The slow descent of her finger made him twitch a bit which made her stop. Again Aurelia began to roam her finger. The moment her finger reached his lips suddenly it was entrapped within. Ethan opened his eyes and raised one eyebrow at his now too cute looking wife. Aurelia gave him a sheepish smile and said, "Good morning". Ethan released her finger and replied back, " Good morning my love. Mind telling me what was your cute little finger doing near my face so early? " Aurelia just nodded her face in a big no, and repeated, "Good morning".
Ethan gave out a throaty laugh and replied, " Indeed it's a very good morning my little parrot ". Aurelia blushed all over and tried to get away from her too joyful husband only to come crashing down on him back since Ethan somehow was anticipating this very reaction and was quick to catch his wife.

" Let goooo.. Ethan. We'll be late. It's Halloween. Let go of me" , she screeched. Ethan merely replied by strengthening his hold. "Ethan Diggory. You are already behind your schedule. Now this will surely make us late if you don't let me get up this instant ", Aurelia continued after sensing her husband was in no hurry to release her. Ethan knew how Aurelia hated being late. The aristocratic typical Black manners could not be taken out of her. Hence he also knew they were really in no danger of being late since Aurelia hadn't actually dragged him out of the bed yet which she might have done in the past surprising him due to her tiny body profile. Still to be sure he glanced at the clock behind and was relieved to know they had an hour or more in hand. Enough time for a happy morning. The next few moments was a blur to Aurelia as suddenly she was lying on her back with her husband looming above her with his strong arms beside the either sides of her head. "I think I know how to give our Halloween a rocking kick start my love", Ethan said rather cockily with his face decending down to hers. " Ethan, what..", the rest of the words or any other complains were rather ended soon enough by her too headstrong husband.

Ethan and Aurelia were late. By 10 mins. Aurelia kept glaring at her husband who merely gave her his full blown smile in return to which she huffed back and rather concentrated on her plate. Professor Sprout controlled her giggles at the antics of her young colleagues.

After the breakfast all headed to their respective classes. Cedric had the first period with his aunt. Despite being an astronomy teacher, Aurelia didn't have all her classes at midnight. Most were during the daytime only since she needed midnight classes only for practical teaching. Since they both had to head to the same direction today, cedric had cleverly bought his all the things he needed for the class at breakfast only so that he could directly go from there with his aunt. So now tagging along with the beautiful professor was her cute little nephew who continued his talks at a rather rapid speed. Aurelia kept entertaining her nephew with a sweet smile on her face. One could see the mutual adoration the two had for each other. Whenever Aurelia and Cedric interacted with each other it was as if the rest of the world would disappear around them. Ethan would always joke that Cedric was her true soulmate. Their relation was just too pure.

Soon they reached Aurelia's class and Cedric took the desk nearest to hers that was right on her opposite at the centre. Since the rest of the class would take another 10 mins or so, Cedric being the sweet boy helped his aunt in distributing their worksheet they would be doing today among all the desks. Earning a kiss on his cheeks, Cedric happily took his seat to wait for his classmates. Soon the other students arrived and the next one hour passed blissfully for all while doing their work.

The classes went by smoothly and ended an hour early as a Halloween gift from the school. As was decided, Aurelia and Ethan with a special permission from the Headmaster himself took Lyra and Cedric to the Diggory house along with few dishes and snacks for Amos as a surprise.

It was a surprise indeed for Amos was not expecting his fireplace to crackle today since he had no prior plans. The man was sitting on his favourite armchair in the main hall with old albums around him. Although he had practically put his foot down and had forbidden his brother and sister in law from missing out today's feast, he did miss them so much. A tear or too might have fallen when he looked at the pictures. All of them together. Amos was broken to the core when his wife left him. He didn't know how he would raise his son all alone. Ethan was also too young. Besides his parents had already passed away. Amos had too much responsibilities on his shoulders which never allowed him to grieve or feel his own feelings. The house was always active either due to the sheningas of Ethan or Aurelia and when they were at hogwarts then due to Cedric who was like a bull in china shop atleast in his very home. So now the empty house was eating him up. He began regretting refusing the continuous requests of Ethan, Aurelia nad even some of his colleagues.

The crackling of the fireplace made him quickly wipe away any lone tear and he stood up with his wand in his hand only to drop it in surprise when he saw the faces. Amos had never hugged his son too tightly ever before now. The father quickly ran across the hall and grabbed his son into a tight bear hug. Cedric too gripped his father's robes tightly. The 11 year old did miss his father a lot.

The reunion of the father son duo made Lyra miss her own fathers

The reunion of the father son duo made Lyra miss her own fathers. Aurelia understood her niece's watering eyes and pulled her into a hug as well. "We'll meet Reggie and Remus soon baby. I promise you. Once the full moon passes away and Remus is fit to travel, they'll come here. Okay bunny", she said in her niece's ears while hugging her tightly. Lyra nodded in confirmation and felt happy to have her aunt with her. Amos soon left his son to welcome the other parts of his heart. His eyes fell on Aurelia and he spread his arms for her. Aurelia gave a short scream and ran into his arms. " We missed you Amos.Halloween couldn't be done without you.  Happy Halloween", she said in his ears. Amos tightened his hold and the tears he was desperately trying to hold in fell out. Aurelia felt his shaking shoulders and comforted him while reminding him of the kids. Amos composed himself and looked at Ethan and offered one hand out to him. Ethan gave a watery smile and quickly put his long arms over his wife and elder brother. Cedric suddenly shouted, "I call for a group hug", and grabbed Lyra's hand and dragged her to the adults and soon there was a pile of people all hugging each other with all their might.

Halloween was never better for Amos than today.

The group spent around 2 hours together which was filled with laughters, tears and occasional scoldings by Amos for the mischiefs of Ced, Lyra and Ethan which they did in the school who all held their heads down while accepting their misdeeds. Soon it was time for another goodbye. After several promises to see each other soon, yule break was in a few weeks after all, the four left for the school.

Author's Note
✨Please press the like button. ✨

Comment which was your favourite part.
Do you guys like this Amos? Isn't he cute. I mean for Cedric to be this cute he must have gotten such cuteness from somewhere right. Besides cuteness seems to run in Diggory family. 😄
Too much use of the word "cute"...

So the next chapter will be in continuation if the Halloween day since we still haven't had the great feast.

Have a gread day ahead guys❤

1522 words