Chapter 4 Professors meet

The moment Amos and Cedric apparated to the station, Ethan wasted no time on pulling his wife to himself. "Finally", he breathed out while holding Aurelia tightly against him. Aurelia was too surprised for a moment to show any reaction. But soon enough she melted into her husband's strong arms. Knowing fully well that the two were to leave for Hogwarts in next 5 mins where Ethan was not going to get another peaceful moment with his wife for the next few hours he just wanted to steal a moment or two out of their too busy schedule.

Loosening the hug, he gently made Aurelia to face him. Her beautiful grey eyes were enough to make him loose all his rationale. Her sweet, shy smile bought another smile into his face. Even after 2 years of marriage, Aurelia still acted as a new bride in his embrace. She would still blush the moment Ethan dares to touch her. "I love your blush. No, I love it more when I make you blush", he said quietly touching her rosy cheeks with his right hand while his left one was still on her waist.

Aurelia blushed even more and hugged him tightly in shyness. Ethan gave out a short laugh and kissed her head in adoration saying , "We need to leave soon, my dear. " Giving a nod in agreement, Aurelia left his arms and quickly accioed their overcoats. Meanwhile Ethan made the last moment arrangements and after wearing their respective overcoats, the couple left for Hogwarts through the fire place.

A moment later the two young professors found themselves in the Headmaster's cabin. Dumbledore was there sitting on his chair with the other professors around him all settled in various chairs.
After greeting their seniors, Ethan pulled out a chair for his wife. Ensuring that she was properly settled in, he sat down next to her.

The cabin was now filled with the Headmaster Dumbledore, Prof McGonagall, Prof Snape, Prof Binns, Prof Flitwick, Prof Sprout, and the young couple. Aurelia looked around the room to find one empty chair which was on her right side. Just then the fire place crackled and out came Prof Quirrel. Mumbling few apologies for being late, he quickly made way to the only spare chair available. Giving each other small smiles in greeting, both Aurelia and Prof Quirrell then faced the Headmaster for the meeting to finally proceed.

For the next couple of hours all the teachers discussed the academic plans for the year. Prefects and Head boy & Head girl were already selected and now the class schedules were finalised.

Getting bored out of his mind Ethan suddenly had a great idea. Noticing how every one else was engrossed in the Headmaster's another long monologue, he quietly grabbed his wife's hand from under the table. Aurelia managed to keep in her gasp due to the sudden action and showed sharp eyes to her naughty husband. She tried to make her hands free from his grasp but was helpless against her husband's strong but comfortable grip. Feeling defeated she decided to let him have his fun. Ethan lovingly rubbed her hands with his thumb and forefinger. Now the meeting could go on for another 5 hours but he won't complain. He had his wife with him after all.

Soon the meeting came to an end and the professors left the chamber. Moving out they all finally greeted each other in a more informal fashion. McGonagall bought Aurelia and Ethan into a warm hug. She had missed her ex-students and now colleagues a bit too much. Even Prof Sprout and Prof Flitwick were in queue to hug the young woman and man. Prof Snape merely nodded at others and left soon after. Once the reunion was done each professor left to arrange their respective classrooms. Aurelia being the astronomy professor had her class in the astronomy tower. Seeing as she didn't have any classes for the next 3 days nad hence didn't need to prepare any thing at the moment, Ethan was quick to drag her to his Arithmetic Class.

Upon reaching their destination, Ethan swiftly closed the door behind them and pulled back his wife into his arms in a similar position like before. Aurelia too smiled and let herself be pulled. "It wasn't so bad now. Isn't it? " said Aurelia softly. Ethan just hummed holding her close. "I wonder how Cedric and Lyra must be. Maybe we should have bought them here directly with us. But no, they should experience the Hogwarts train as well. Do you think they are sitting together right now? What if they start fighting again. Oh Ethan, what if.. " the rest of the words were left unspoken as Ethan found the perfect way to shut his wife by kissing her. Aurelia was once again helpless against her husband's love. She too relaxed into the kiss and let go of her worries.

Ethan knew his wife well. He knew once his Lia starts worrying about Ced and Lyra it gets so difficult to stop her. Although the two were not her children but for Aurelia Ced and Lyra were her own kids. She was a mother figure to both of them. Despite being only 13 yrs older then the two, Aurelia was the mother they never had. And this made Ethan so proud. He was indeed proud of his wife. How she kept both the families together. Ethan with each passing day would fell more in love with his wife.

Ethan and Aurelia were what one would call, each other's childhood lovers. They fell in love during their Hogwarts journey as students. Despite being in different houses the two managed to maintain their relationship during their entire school life.

It was certainly not a surprise for others when the two decided to tie the knot soon after school. They got married at the young age of 22 years. Now almost 2 years later they were as happy as any two people deeply, madly in love could be.

As professors both Ethan and Aurelia had to attend the welcoming feast. Knowing he has less than 2 hours before that Ethan along with Aurelia then later on managed to set his classroom with few more lovely moments between them.
Soon it was time for welcoming the students. Washing up and after ensuring both were again presentable, Ethan offered his wife his hand and mumbled softly, "Come, it's time now. " Aurelia excitedly held his hand and the two walked towards the great hall. On the way Aurelia greeted all the portraits and ghosts which she was unable to do earlier due to her husband's eagerness of having few private moments with his wife.

"Oh today is going to be amazing Ethan. I think Lyra will go to Gryffindor and Ced to Hufflepuff like me. They'll look so cute in their house colours. Oh, and i need to greet Tinky and Milly as well. Remind me later will you please. We bought those candies also for them. We'll take those to the kitchen as well." , Aurelia happily continued and Ethan just smiled in return with fondness for his wife.

Soon the two reached the Great Hall which was decorated to welcome the new session. Aurelia never ceased to squeal in surprise after getting the first look at the ceiling. The vast ceiling which was magically projecting millions of stars in the dark sky was perhaps her most favorite scene there. She did miss Hogwarts during the break. Being a Black her association and love for stars was not unknown to Ethan. He gave a short laugh at her dumbstruck expression. Even after years of watching the same scene, the Great Hall never failed to surprise her again.

Everything was perfect. Aurelia was happy. Ethan was happy because his wife was happy. Cedric and Lyra were happy because soon they would get to reunite with their aunt and uncle. Their world was perfect, for now.

Author Note✨

Prof Quirrell is not being haunted by Voldemort at the moment. This entire scene is happening 2 yrs before Harry came to Hogwarts. So right now the wizarding world is kind of enjoying few peaceful years.

Do not forget to press the star icon.
Also do share this story to your friends. It's my first story and your each appreciative words are precious to me.
Comment on which part was your favorite.

Words: 1405