Chapter 17 Holidays

The train back home was much easier than the first ride to Hogwarts. Now everyone had someone they wanted to sit next to. Lyra too had her roommates which whom she shared a booth. Cedric as expected sat with Ernie. On second thoughts Cedric needed more friends.

Aurelia and Ethan had flooed back to the Diggory house. "Ah, home, sweet home, " exclaimed Ethan the moment they reached home. Aurelia gave him a peck on his lips and proceeded to Amos' room to greet him and announce their arrival. After initial welcoming the couple went to settle and have some moment of peace since the second the youngest Diggory would enter the house they'll all get busy with him.

On the other hand the House of Black was eagerly waiting for Princess Lyra to come back home. Kreature had prepared an extensive menu to welcome her. Regulus had cancelled all his meetings for the day as today was completely family day for them. Remus had spent half of his time in cleaning up and decorating Lyra's room. The second half he spent in kitchen along with Reg and Kreature.

Soon it was time to leave for the station. "It's time, love. We need to leave now, " reminded Remus for the fifth time to his husband who was busy combing his hair to perfection. " Hmmm, " came a mumbled reply. "You do one thing, you stay here Reg. I'll go and bring our daughter. Maybe your hair will be done by then?" Remus said teasingly but the warning was clear.

"Done, all done. See, " Said Regulus with a forced smile keeping down his imported comb immediately. "Better, " Remus said and the two soon apparated to the station. Amos too apparated a min later and the three adults eagerly waited for the train to arrive. Soon the loud whistle was audible and the station turned into a chaos. Students came bursting out with loud screams and wide smiles and the goodbyes, see you soon , I missed you and all were being exchanged every where. Lyra came running towards her dads and Regulus came forward to catch her and spun her around in delight. Remus stood next to Amos and saw his partner and daughter with love and once the longing got too much he too joined into their hug.

Cedric too came with Ernie and introduced him to his father. "I'll see you later. And answer my letters ok. There is my brother. Bye, " said Ernie and left Cedric with Amos. The Blacks too were done with their reunion and came towards them. Amos shook Lyra's hands. Remus sportingly ruffled Cedric's hair. With promises to meet soon enough and Lyra 's msg for her aunt, soon all the parties left for their respective homes.

"I am back, " announced Ced the moment he entered his house. " And the terror has entered into our life again. So much for wanting 5 mins of silence, " grumbled Ethan while lying on the bed with his wife draped over him.
"Hush you. He is the sweetest boy I know. Ced is not a terror. You know you is a terror? You. You my dear husband are an absolute terror, " Aurelia said with mock offence. " Hmmm... let me show you terror then, " came a mischievous reply and with that Aurelia soon found herself under her husband's huge body and gave a sudden shout in surprise. Soon hands descended all over her and she began to giggle uncontrollably due to the constant tickling.

"Say I'm not a terror. Say you love me the most and that you are lucky to have me. Say and you shall have mercy, " Ethan said with a huge smile.
"Stop for a min then I can speak, " replied Aurelia while wheezing. Ethan stopped and gave her a moment to calm herself. Prompting her with raised eyebrows, Aurelia cheekily said " I'm not a terror. You love me the most and you are certainly lucky infact luckiest to have me. "

Ethan just about was ready to start tickling her again only to stand abruptly once he heard footsteps right outside their room. Helping Aurelia stand up and fix her dress, both were presentable by the time Cedric entered their room.

"Lia we are home. It's holiday time, " out came an excited voice from the little boy who then quickly went to hug his aunt.
" Yes, yes. It's our holidays now. " she said while running her hands through his hairs to smooth it a bit while she was held hostage by him. "You have made a list of the things we need to do, right? And Ced remember I asked you to prepare another list for the people you want to send presents along with what you want yo give them this year. We'll go shopping tomorrow and you better be ready with the lists, " she asked him strictly.

"Yes, Lia. The list is in my bag. I'll give it to you later. I also saved some money. Can we please please please use it to buy my presents. I want to buy gifts with my money, " Cedric sweetly asked.

" Okay. I'm so proud of you, " said Aurelia with a motherly smile and kissed his forehead.
"I feel so loved. Of course you two will go for shopping together. Forget me. Of course you both will hug each other only. Again, forget me. I'll just.. just stay here. Pretending I don't exist. Okay, " came an overdramatic statement from the one and only Ethan Diggory.

Both Aurelia and Cedric rolled their eyes at this drama.

But then came another voice, " No, no brother. I have been forgotten as well. You and me Ethan, we'll go and do our own shopping. They didn't invite us. Now we won't invite them. We'll also go tomorrow ".

Yes, right. It was Amos. After all he is Ethan's elder brother isn't it.

He rather continued, " We'll also visit Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour and they have launched various new icecream flavours. We'll try them all. " This certainly got Cedric's ears all alert and straight.

Ethan then added his two cents, "We'll go to Borgin & Burkes too. I heard there is a book launch tomorrow. Someone by the name, what was it, oh yes, Madame Sabrina Eric is the author. She will be there. " Now this was exactly aimed at his wife who along with Cedric said or rather screamed together, " We'll go with you both. You can't leave us."

Looking at the bewildered expression on the faces of these two gullible people, the brothers gave a hearty laugh. Of course they weren't going to leave behind the two hearts of Diggorys. But it was certainly worth it to wind them up a bit.
"Daaaad, you'll take us, right, " Cedric tried to confirm.
" Of course my boy. Wouldn't dream to leave you and Lia behind, " said Amos adding, "I'll rather leave Ethan behind, " only to gain an indignant " What" cry from the said man.

Soon the plans were made and the day ended with the family finally having their dinner together after long couple of months.

✨Do hit the little star and please comment. Don't just be a silent reader. Comment about your favorite part, what would you like to read next. If there is a certain scene you want with these characters. Guys say it all. ☺

Till then, Happy Reading ✨

1227 words