Chapter 10 Pranks and Crushes

The new session was going on rather peacefully. As peaceful as a place could be with the two Weasley twins. Every other day the students would find a rather mentally exhausted Filch running after the mischievous boys. Their Puking Pastilles even fooled Aurelia at first. When suddenly the twins started puking infront of her, the poor lady was beyond distressed but after noticing further she understood the boys intentions. Needless to say the two ended up getting their very first detention that day.

Dungbombs were becoming another common occurrence. To the great horror of Filch, the twins even set up one of these in his very own office one day. Nobody except the twins knew that was the day they came into possession of the marauders map.

Ethan could happily say this session was by far the most lively one for him personally. Cedric and Lyra were here which made him and his wife very much happy and the twins well, they were soon becoming his favorite students. Not that he will ever admit it to anyone. And specially not to his wife who seemed to be the favourite target for the twins. Nobody actually understood why the Hufflepuff teacher would always find herself trapped in their one or other pranks. From Hiccough (hiccups) sweets to belch powder, the boys were after the sweet lady for no reason. For Ethan all these harmless pranks were funny only as long as they stayed that, Harmless. It was funny after all to see his sweet wife all fired up on the boys. Needless to say the twins received a series of detentions with Aurelia. But no amount of detentions would be enough to divert the boys.

On one fine day Ethan actually cornered George Weasley and asked him, "Mr Weasley, although it's quite hilarious to see you and Mr Weasley tricking Professor Diggory every now and then but one cannot help but wonder exactly what is the reason behind so many pranks on a single person, specifically a professor". George stilled in his place and refused to make any eye contact with his sir. His mind further became blank upon hearing, " It has nothing to do with your puppy crush on her, right?"

Ethan couldn't keep off the smile from his face. He wasn't a fool. The man knew who all had silly crushes on his beautiful wife and what all tricks they could go for to get her attention. Fred and George weren't too discreet with their infatuations since all the pranks on Aurelia were quite simple, hilarious and harmful. They were enough to warrant a detention with her but held no real heat. The actual purpose was to have her attention after all which they got every single time.

George hurriedly said, " No sir, it's nothing like that. No,.. ", the poor boy was interrupted due to the quite laughter of his professor. Ethan decided it was enough of teasings and simply ruffled George's hairs and said, " Don't worry Mr Weasley, your secret shall stay safe with me. And since nothing has ever been free,i shall collect my dues in future. Now off you go. I did hear my wife saying she was having a cup of tea this fine evening with Professor McGonagall. " Saying this Ethan started walking ahead leaving behind a dumbstruck red head. George didn't know whether to be embarrassed or be relieved. Feeling all this was too much for his little shoulders he decided to relieve some of his stress by throwing a dungbomb in Filch's office again.

2 months had nearly passed since the session began. From September it was October end now. The first Halloween in Hogwarts for the first years. Their excitement knew no bounds. Due to some unknown reasons Halloween had always been a sad day for Remus leaving him in a very foul mood. As long as Lyra remembers, her aunt always used to take her to the Diggorys for the day since the Blacks never celebrated the occasion due to Remus. But this year she was going to enjoy a lot. She even had her cousin sister, Dora this year with her. In the past few months the two girls came closer than ever. Aurelia was happy to see that the few remaining parts of her family are getting closer atleast.

Cedric also was having a fun time here. His days were spent on acquiring as much knowledge as he can. His evenings were often spent in library or sometimes with Aurelia and Ethan when he joined them for a tea and snack party. The upcoming Halloween was a much awaited occasion for him as well. He had heard of the grand feast from his aunt many times. He used to feel bad as how every year his uncle and aunt would miss the feast to spent the evening with their family at Diggory house. This year however his father was going to be all alone as he had rather commanded them all through letters to dare not miss the feast. They all had to stay back here at Hogwarts so that the four could finally enjoy Halloween at Hogwarts. Although Amos had asked them not not bother about him, still Aurelia had decided that she and Ethan were going to pay her brother in law a surprise short visit on the day. On a very welcome note, Aurelia experienced a certain change in the mischievous twins. Their pranks had reduced to a bare minimum with her. They had turned rather sweet with her. Not understanding the actual reason she was none the less happy. Actually she was more relieved.

That's certainly not our Ethan when he just can't keep his laughter at bay while teasing Georgie😁

✨Hit the like button.
What did you guys like the most till now??

Next we'll have some Halloween moments.

Remus doesn't like celebrating Halloween. I wonder why? 🤔

See you guys soon✨

992 words