Chapter 14 Flashback

Today was November 3. A very important day for Aurelia. A day on which no matter what she would stay gloomy. This was the day Ethan always dreaded. He hated seeing his otherwise happy wife be so down.

The day was special you see. It was the birthday of Sirius Black. Yes, today was Sirius's birthday and Aurelia couldn't help herself but be lost in memories consisting of better days. Days where she would be perched over her now imprisoned brother's strong shoulders and the two would run round and round in circles in their garden. Days where she would be the first to wish his brother since even after he joined hogwarts Aurelia would send him a letter which was the first thing Sirius would read the moment the clock hitted 12. Now all that remained was these memories.

Aurelia wanted more than anything to have her brother back. Regulus was amazing. He really was. But sirius was her eldest brother. Almost her father figure. The little girl in her still couldn't believe the man who used to let his 6 year old sister put different makeup items on his face would ever betray or even kill so many innocents. When Sirius was imprisoned, Aurelia was too young to understand everything. Even now she didn't understand. Regulus vowed to never speak of his elder brother again.

2 years back Aurelia had almost made her mind to pay Sirius a visit at the Azkaban only for Regulus to throw the worst fit she could have imagined ever. That was the first time the siblings ever fought and it almost ended their relationship if it was not for Ethan who took his then newly wedded wife away for a couple of days so that both the siblings could get back their brains and think over the poison they didn't realize was coming out of their mouths in the heat of the moment.

"I am just saying maybe, maybe Siri was not wrong. We didn't even meet him once. They won't let him have a jury. ", a 22 year old Aurelia tried to put across her points in front of Regulus. The moment Regulus heard Sirius his mind went blank. All the young man could see and hear was whispers about how the Great and Noble house of Blacks have been reduced to ruins now. How once mighty House was now soon to shrivel away. He remembered the taunts, the disdain, the disgusting looks he would receive from other wizards after Sirius's betrayal. It wasn't exactly a piece of cake to build back their reputation. People who earlier bowed to him now sneered at his glance. They were practically on the verge of being expelled from the society.

He did everything for his sister and that murderer's daughter who was like his own

He did everything for his sister and that murderer's daughter who was like his own. Actually she was his daughter. And to now hear Aurelia taking Sirius's side, actually wanting to go and visit that wretched place to see that man who ruined them all, Regulus just wanted to scream. And scream he did. Thanks merlin that Lyra was not in the house since she had gone to a muggle school for basic primary education otherwise she sure would have gotten terrified seeing her father who never raised his voice in their house screaming so loudly.

"I did everything. I did everything for you. And for Lyra. The past years have been spent salvaging what was left after that man ruined us. And this is what you have to say. Oh, He might be innocent. Aurelia open your eyes and see what your innocent brother did. He first betrayed me and you,his own flesh brother and sister and left us to the vultures he called our parents. He left his own people and went and built a family with the Potters. He never came back for us. For you. And then, and then he betrayed them as well and brought an almost end to the Potter line like he did to ours. He betrayed his wife, his daughter. His friends. He is nothing but a betrayer. I will just not sit and watch you commit this stupidity. This is the last we speak of that man in our house. "