Chapter 9 Background

A special mention to 888AthenaBlack888 for her love and support. Love you lots❤

Aurelia Diggory (nee Black)

Orphan at the young age of 13 , raised by Regulus and Remus. The youngest sibling and the most sensitive. Aurelia is the heart of Blacks and now the Diggorys as well. The reason Regulus came back to the light side. The reason Regulus fought back and didn't give up while retrieving the fake locket. The first and brightest light in her brother's otherwise bleak life.

Her school life was beautiful thanks to her now husband and then childhood lover, Ethan Diggory. Always the best pupil and a favourite among her professors. Best in astronomy and potions. Astronomy professor at Hogwarts since last 4 years along with her husband.

She has very limited memory of her eldest brother, Sirius. Sirius left home when she was around 7. Since then the girl had only heard about him from her parents during their rants or on an occasional moments by her brother, Reggie. Her memories of Sirius includes laughters , pranks, snow fights, gifts from hogsmeade, and tips on how to keep boys away. Hence to think and believe that the same boy who once let her colour his precious hair was responsible for the death of multiples of muggles and his best friends was something which till today quite impossible for her. There was a certain hope which said this all was a lie.

On the other hand, the girl has always been hopelessly in love with a certain blue eyed man since ever. The mere sight of him is enough to render her speechless even after so many years. Cedric's first crush

 Cedric's first crush

Ethan Diggory

A proud Gryffindor, and a much more prouder husband

A proud Gryffindor, and a much more prouder husband. The younger brother of Amos Diggory, presently working as the arithmetic and part time quidditch professor at Hogwarts. As boring and hard the subject arithmetic is, still it's one of the most sought after subject in 6th and 7th year specially among the girls due to the handsome tutor.

A complete gentleman with a streak of annoying his wife with his constant loverboy mood. Unabashed and quite protective of his loved ones. A role model to many, especially his nephew. Good in duels and charms.

Sound sleeper, jovial, prankster, protective, extrovert, courageous and 100% loyal.

Cedric Diggory

Only son of Amos and Misha Diggory. Lost his mother at a very young age. Sees Aurelia as his own mother/friend/guide. Tries his best to overshadow Lyra in the presence of his aunt.

The cutest little bean loves his family the most which may or may not include Lyra.

A Good student and will soon find his love for quidditch and charms. Also quite good looking which honestly is only bringing trouble for him. Named 'pretty boy' by Lyra when they were 7 when Aurelia bought Lyra to the Diggory house one day. The dreadful day was the start of the ever growing animosity between the two kids.

A bit shy and easily flustered. Always striving to make his family proud of him. Always wanted to be a Hufflepuff since he'll get more time with Aurelia as she is the assistant house head of Hufflepuff. Doesn't know Lyra is not Regulus's biological child.

Lyra Black

A troublemaker, her parents' pride. Good in potions. Sirius's biological child and Regulus and Remus's adopted cub. Knows the truth since a few years. Doesn't know what to believe since her fathers seemed to hate Sirius but her aunt still denies saying he wasn't bad.

Loves her family and doesn't mingle easily with new people. Hates to share her aunt with anyone. Barely tolerates Aurelia living with the Diggorys since last 2 years. Hates sharing her aunt's love with Cedric. Shares Black's strange obsession of having perfect hair all the time.

Regulus Black

The caretaker and Head of the Greatest and Noblest House of Blacks

The caretaker and Head of the Greatest and Noblest House of Blacks. Had a tough time with coping up with the tragedies of his life. Found solace in Remus's arms and finally had his life sorted. Took care of Aurelia and Lyra like his own daughters. Legally adopted Lyra with Remus.

Master in duelling and potion making. Ever the Slytherin and gave a tough time with Remus to Ethan since Aurelia declared her love interest. Quite protective and anti social. A complete family man for his closed ones and the kind of person you don't make enemies with for others.

Does not believe in blood supremacy anymore seeing as he married a werewolf willingly. Absolutely abhors his brother for defying his friends trust and betraying everyone in the end. Never visited Sirius since 9 years. Currently quenching his desire to march down to Hogwarts to see his daughters. Also trying his best to keep Remus busy so that the poor man does not pull out his entire hairline out of worries.

Remus J. Lupin

Father to Lyra, brother to Aurelia and a husband to Regulus

Father to Lyra, brother to Aurelia and a husband to Regulus. The mother hen for Blacks. Always ready with chocolates to brighten up the world. Greatest strength of Regulus.

Heart broken after the death of his friends, tried his best to get Harry's guardianship but was denied since he was neither a blood relative nor his godfather. The only reason he was able to adopt Lyra was because Regulus and Lyra were siblings and he married Regulus legally.

Devoted his life to his new family after loosing his family like friends in a day. Happy with his present situation. Finally being a werewolf doesn't look so daunting to him. Living a perfect life now according to him except for one thing, Harry. Wants more than anything to see Harry once but knows he need to wait a bit more.

✨ Hit the like button please☺
So a bit of background information about our main characters. Looks like the Blacks are each other's mental supports.

All photos were taken from google✨

967 words