Chapter 20 Christmas Celebrations

25th December

Ethan woke up to find his wife tightly pressed against him. Having her so close made him smile. Ethan was madly in love with her. Even after knowing her for practically more than half of his life, Ethan's love was increasing every day. He loved her today more than he did yesterday.

Brushing away some hair strands from her face, he stared at her peaceful sleeping self

Brushing away some hair strands from her face, he stared at her peaceful sleeping self. She was just so beautiful, both from inside and outside. Ethan knew how lucky he was to have her. Back when they were in school, she would get so many proposals. Even today there were more than a few people who were actually waiting for their relationship to fail. Ethan knew a long line could be made with all those men who would willingly switch places with him to be with his wife.
'His wife', he thought fondly. During their courtship period he would teasingly call Aurelia 'his wife'. In reality he believed that one gets what he wishes for. And since he desperately wished to be Aurelia's past, present and future, here he was.

Kissing her forehead with adoration he softly and carefully roamed his hands around her head. "Wake up, my love. Lia, honey, shusss wake up, " he said in the softest of voice. Aurelia was too deep into sleep due to their late night activities and didn't want to be woken up so soon.
"Ethaaan... let me sleep. Don't do that, " she mumbled sleepily trying to sway away his hands from her hairs.

Ethan chuckled and put his arms under her to bring her into his arms. Holding her tightly while still laying on his side, Ethan tried again to wake up his too sleepy and most adorable wife. "It's Christmas love. You wouldn't want to sleep in today. Lia, come on honey. See it's such a beautiful day outside. We'll open presents, I'll give you a very embarrassing gift in front of others, you'll blush and I'll get to see these cherry red cheeks getting redder and..... Ummmp, " Ethan's story was interrupted when Aurelia angrily put her palm over his talkative mouth. "SHUSSSSSHHH... I'm sleeping. So just be shusssh, " she said with her eyes closed.

Ethan pouted and removed her hand from his mouth and kept it in his. On one hand he wanted to play outside with his wife but looking at her irritated face, he decided he'll have plenty of time to do that later on. For now, he would let her sleep. In his arms. Just till the demon named, Cedric doesn't barge into their room to wish them.

It was almost half an hour later that Cedric bursted through their door.
"Merry Christmas Aurelia, Merry Christmas Ethan, " came his delighted scream. Aurelia groaned and tried to bury herself deeper into her husband's chest. Ethan laughed and the vibrations could be felt by Aurelia.
"Liaaaa, wake up. It's Christmas. We need to open our presents. Come on, Lia, " Cedric pleaded standing next to her side of the bed.

Ethan simply made her to turn towards Cedric. Unwillingly Aurelia opened her eyes. But looking at the eager boy she could only smile. "Merry Christmas Ced, " she said sleepily. Next she added, "give us 10 mins. We'll come downstairs by then, ok. " Cedric nodded in approval and left them to get ready.