Chapter 21 With Family and Friends

"Daddy, daddy , wake up. It's Christmas. Wake up, come on, " came Lyra barreling into her fathers' room. Remus cracked open his eyes and grumbled, "Honey, it's too early" . Regulus on the other hand , removed his comforter and offered his daughter to slide in between the two men. Counting her options Lyra knew there was no chance of her fathers getting up before 7 today. Hence she grumpily joined them , curling into Remus' warm body and welcomed the dreamland once more. Regulus looked over his daughter with a love he never knew he was capable of feeling before Lyra came into his life. Kissing into her hairs he put his hand around his little world and slept.

A couple of hours later Lyra again woke up with her fathers snoring slightly on her either sides. Deciding to wake them up in her own style, the girl sneakily crawled out of the bed and went downstairs. A few moment later she was back with her hands hiding something behind her.

Going right next to Remus' sensitive ears she bought forward the little trumpet her ever so lovely uncle Ethan had gifted her once and blasted it with full energy.

Both Remus and Regulus fell off their bed getting startled with the sudden sound. Lyra too fell down due to her laughter.

"Ha ha ha ha.. Look at your faces.. Ha ha daddy this was so fun.. Ha ha ha ha.. I just love uncle Ethan, " she managed to say in between of her laughs. Regulus narrowed his eyes at his daughter. Never could he believe his sweet, innocent daughter capable of doing such atrocities. Specially to him. Sharing some strange mental thoughts with his husband, the two flustered adults soon jumped on their daughter, capturing her in between them. With all her limbs in possession of her fathers Lyra could only squirm and pray for mercy.

With an evil laugh Remus began tickling the little monster who soon became a pile of mess. The trio this spend their next few minutes tickling and ambushing each other.

Later on after getting ready the family gathered in the hall.
A beautiful Christmas tree was situated right at the corner with presents all around it. Lyra squealed and ran towards the pile of gifts, picking up the ones she had kept for her parents.

Quickly grabbing the boxes, she eagerly went back and handed them to both Regulus and Remus. Giving them an expectant look she urged them both to open their presents. Remus sighed and said, " Honey, don't you think you should be the one to open your presents first? "

"No. I have spent ages looking and preparing for these gifts. Now, fast. Open it dad," came Lyra's reply.

Resigning in front of their daughter, the duo gingerly teared open the packing. Inside was a pair of hand knitted socks and mittens for Remus. In Regulus's hands he had a very old and weathered looking album. Both the men were not ashamed of the tears that had began to form in their eyes. Lyra was quickly enveloped in a tight hug. "Thank you baby. Thank you so much. You don't need to do so much for us. These presents are so dear to us. Thank you, " mumbled Remus.

When he was younger, Remus would always wear socks and mittens knitted by his mother. It had been a long time since then for him when he got the knitted stuffs again. The fact that Lyra who was a complete disaster in the art of knitting and stitching had gifted him her own handwork was very precious for him.

On the other hand, Regulus had already recognised the album as the one his mother had which housed the old photographs of his childhood. The album had gone missing sometimes  back. To have a piece of his childhood back in his hands meant a lot to Regulus.

Both the men knew the real person behind such gifts had to be Aurelia. Mentally making a note to thank her for her time, patience and efforts, Remus then dragged his daughter in front of the Christmas tree. Forwarding his hand towards the pile, he simply said, "all yours. " A moment later a loud scream could be heard after which the little girl began tearing up the first gift her hands could grab. Looking at the tag and saying, "Ethan, " she quickly found a year's worth supply of prank items. Ignoring the groans behind her she quickly declared her love and appreciation for the gift. Proceeding forward Lyra had Remus's gift now. Inside was an assortment of chocolate treats with a large variety. "Share with your room mates, " came a quick teaching from Regulus. Nodding in affirmation and thanking her dad, she quickly went to the next present. A large collection of clothes, school stationery items, few other accessories were gifted by her Aunt Aurelia. "Lia just spoils her every time, " said Remus in disappointment.