Chapter 1: New Day

The sky was clear as day. The grass below was long but healthy. It was blowing in the wind on a beautiful summer day. Natural noises of the wind were heard at first, but eventually, the sounds of two children were heard laughing in the grass. They ran across the grass as they tried to chase each other on the summer day. The two children were each a boy and a girl. The boy had short black hair, pale skin, brown eyes, and wore a black t-shirt with yellow shorts. 

The girl he was chasing had dark brown skin, bright green eyes, shoulder-length hair, and wore a red and green striped shirt with red shorts

	The children were running across a field that was at the edge of a cliffside looking over the ocean

The children were running across a field that was at the edge of a cliffside looking over the ocean. Miles across from them was an open road with a parking lot not too far from them. Down the road, there was a sign that read Now Entering Aust Bed! Population 224. Eventually, the girl would stop running, but the energetic boy ran too fast. He stopped but tripped as he ran in front of her. But despite this, the girl looked down at him and laughed. Seeing her laugh happily made him laugh as well. Eventually, she would sit beside him in the grass as he sat himself up.

"What was that for? I was going fast and you were certainly going faster" the boy asked in fascination. He did notice the girl was running very fast.

"Eh? I just figured everything's gotta stop running eventually. Nothing lasts forever is what my uncle would say" she answers and giggles once again. She seemed to have spoken in a high-pitched voice with a mix of English and Scottish accents.

"You have words of wisdom coming from a seven-year-old" the boy says jokingly.

"Hey! I'm only five years younger than you!" She says while playfully punching his arm. The two would start giggling and playfully push each other.