Chapter 14: Past Lives

Warning!

The following chapter contains themes of fear, intimacy, human x non-human relationships, pregnancy, violence, gore, death, and child abuse/neglect. Viewers be warned.

"So, I bet you're going to want me to explain from the start, right?" Said the sorrowful voice of Bryce to the now shocked Tex.

"Um... it would definitely help," Tex awkwardly answers.

"Okay, then. I know just where to begin" Bryce replies.

Morrison, 150 million years ago, that's when I was taken to the present. A young brachiosaurus who had spent twenty-plus years was taken from his home and turned into a smaller, upright being. Luckily, though, I retained my height, but it wasn't as mighty as it was before. 

When I was brought into the base, it was a simpler time

When I was brought into the base, it was a simpler time. The people were friendly. The man who ran the company at the time, Georgeson Hero, had promised me I would have a new life in this new time, and one day, I will live peacefully alongside his kind, the humans.

The rehabilitation process was easy for me. I was taught how to behave like a human and partake in activities, such as eating, sports, music, fighting, you name it. Georgeson made it his goal to ensure the newly rehabilitated dinosaurs and the humans of the world would live alongside each other in peace. That way, humanity can continue its intuitional pursuit to grow and change the world, and the dinosaurs can dominate it once again but have the minds and the heart to accept the change and help the world as well. But alas, it wasn't going to happen for a long time.

When I reached my mid-thirties, I finally graduated from my rehabilitation and emerged as a new dinosaur. However, Terrarium was going through an interesting process. Around the early 1990s, Georgeson retired from his position as head of the company. Before his death, he gave control of it to his daughter, Cosette Hero, as well as his new son-in-law, Leonard Hero. He trusted Leonard with the safety of his people and his dinosaurs, as well as the stability of the company and the heart of his daughter. But what Georgeson didn't realize was that Leonard had very different ideas on how to run Terrarium.

Under his rule, Leonard established a new program where dinosaurs and humans had the right to work as professional fighters, dedicated to protecting the company from any threat that it came across. Threats included the national governments, publicity of the press, and a few conspiracy hunters who were desperate to clear their theories with the company's help, such as the silly Reptoid theory, for example. Humans who worked as fighters were assigned to be troopers. With the number of troopers that arrived, it wasn't long until Terrarium established its private military. The dinosaurs who chose to become fighters for the company had their own program. That was the DAP, the Dinosaur Agent Program.