Chapter 15: Unexpected Reactions

Warning!

The following chapter contains themes of fear and violence. Viewers be warned.

The room where Tex and Bryce were was dark, but it was nothing compared to the bright day in the city of Hell Creek. The clear blue sky was seen from the rooftop of the station by Alton in his human form. He looked with a serious face as he waited while Kireina was busy conducting her experiment. She had a small audio box set up with a cord connected to it. The cord connected through a rooftop vent that extended into the building. She had another cord setup that connected to a pair of headphones she wore on her head, of course. She giggled on occasion depending on what she was hearing through the box.

"Hohohohoho! This is very intriguing! When I get my hands on that human girl, I'm gonna have tons of new material to torment her with. I gotta admit, this audio gear Regina gave us is wicked sick! She wasn't kidding when she said she was gonna provide us with the right equipment" she shouted with excitement. With the microphone gear set up, it was clear she was overhearing the conversation between Tex and Bryce. This meant she overheard Bryce confess his secret that he was a brachiosaurus and not Emily's biological father. Alton was feeling impatient from this, though.

"Ugh, as glad I am for your excitement, partner, I am feeling very irritated at how this stakeout plan is doing. We're just sitting up here listening to two human allies of our supposed victim and listening to a pointless conversation on the rooftop of a random human building. Could you remind me what the point of all this is?!" Alton asked with irritation.

"The point of all this, partner, is to gather info on our kidnap victim so we know how to deal with her when we find her. It's a very simple strategic plan that ensures you get to know your victim before sicking your teeth at them. Also, we're not just dealing with two random humans, to start. Her supposed father and my pathetic excuse of an ex-mate just finished discussing something intense below regarding her daddy's history and with a list of serious heart-pounding secrets like THAT, torturing her about that will be SO MUCH FUN!" She explained, raising her voice constantly regarding her desire to torture Emily.

	"Right, I get it

"Right, I get it. This pathetic ex-mate you keep bringing up plays an important role in this girl's life, as well as this father figure as of now. But that still is not enough to explain why the hell we're here. A human official building in broad daylight with witnesses on the streets. Isn't this a little risky?" Alton continued to question.

"This time of day and setting is an appropriate time where she will be present. This is her day job, so she's expected to come in today to report for her duty. Besides, the day's nearly half done, so I'm betting we'll have her in our grasp soon for us to capture and hold onto her by nightfall before Regina confirms we have her" Kireina replied while standing up, removing the headphones from her head, and walking over to the edge of the rooftop to look over the streets. She smiled when she sees something pleasing and said "And whaddya know? My hunch is correct, hehehehe."