Chapter 16: Kidnapped Friends

Warning!

The following chapter contains themes of fear, foul language, mental/physical torture, partial nudity, and violence. Viewers be warned.

After Tex left, Bryce was in a state of panic. His daughter found out the truth about his species in the worst way possible and has now run off hurt. He tried numerous times to call her through her cell, but she didn't answer any of them. He continued to pace around his office, constantly rubbing his face with worry. But he became shocked when he heard the sound of a phone vibrating.

Listening carefully, he looked over at the seat Tex was sitting at before. In the seat was Tex's cell phone, which fell out of his pocket when he got up to meet with Bryce in the separate room.

"Oh no," he whispered to himself before he carefully picked up the vibrating phone. Looking at the screen, he would see an icon of Caren, the caller. Though he wasn't Tex, Bryce didn't want to leave it unanswered, especially since this is one of Tex's friends. Slowly, he pressed the answer button. "Um, hello?" he softly asked.

"ALRIGHT Tex, you better listen up and listen good 'cause we got a serious problem!" Caren shouted, which immediately surprised Bryce. This was proven when he moved the phone away from his ear.

	"Just to clarify, man, she just woke up from a short but relaxing nap, so you can see why she would be a little nutty right now" Blaster replied in the background, also believing Tex had answered

"I'm the right kind of nutty, birdman, now listen up Tex!" Caren continued. "Mega just claimed she found some incriminating evidence regarding the Commissioner and his time at Terrarium and claims she needs to tell you about it. The problem is she JUST dashed out of here claiming she's coming after you. Now I don't know if she's telling the truth or not or taking it as an excuse to go back to the Raptors, but there's only ONE WAY to be sure!"

As Caren continued monologuing in her anger, Bryce listened to every detail. Though he was surprised by her angry rants. What was more surprising to him was that she was speaking at a level so high it sounded like she was on speaker through the phone. Except she wasn't.

"Huh, the lad was right. She is prone to overreacting" Bryce whispered to himself.

"Just stay at the station and wait to see if Mega comes," Caren continued. "If she doesn't then that means we have a SERIOUS PROBLEM!"

"Caren, please! Take a chill pill there. That fact that you're speaking loud enough for your call to pass as a speaker speaks highly of you" Bryce finally spoke, hoping to calm her down and let her know she wasn't talking to Tex.

"W-What?! C-Commissioner?" Caren asked, shocked that this isn't Tex she was talking to. But she now felt ashamed that she blurted this out to a high-ranking police officer. "Oh God, sir! I am so sorry! I thought you were-" she says, but then realized something important. "Wait, why are you answering Tex's...oh NO! Did he LEAVE his PHONE BEHIND?!" She asked in a state of shock. "I KNEW we should have zippers on our POCKETS! Damn things are WAY TOO SLIPPERY!"