Epilogue

The party above gave Tex many hopeful spirits, even though he became the first to be tired. Just after Maia left to bring the kids back to Two Medicine for bedtime, Tex said good night to everyone before walking downstairs to the basement where his room was. He was in too good of a mood to sleep uneasy tonight. He hadn't felt this well in so long. But after one second, something immediately caused him to stop.

Something snapped from inside his chest. His heart twisted and turned as if something grabbed hold of it and twirled it around like a spinning arm on a clock. Tex grasped tightly onto his chest, but he had to take it easy since he feared his claws would stab his chest and open more wounds. He kneeled on the steps hard with his head sunk, pounding hard like thunder. This aching continued until his eyes nailed shut.

With his eyes closed, he saw the same vision from his dream; a shadow figure with square eyes. It was black, wavy, and had a single sharp claw on its hand. Though the feeling felt like a memory, he remembered being a feral T. rex when that figure came to him. Yet, he couldn't make out who or what it was. It appeared humanoid, but with the sharp claw sticking out, he couldn't make it out as a weapon or a claw. It was blurry with the essence of black tar waving around it. Despite having dreams of this being, he realized this had to be a real memory. When this happened, he didn't know.

Tex felt the pain suddenly stop

Tex felt the pain suddenly stop. However, looking down at his right hand, he noticed his right orange sleeve covered it. To his confusion, two claws were sticking from it, almost evenly. Tex only has two fingers. The tall finger was his index. His smaller one was his thumb. However, the second he pulled down his sleeve, he became utterly shocked by its sudden transformation: the two fingers were almost lined up evenly, like a feral T. rex.   

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

,

See you all in Part 3!