Chapter 24: Keep Believing

The Dinosaur Rebellion had a rough previous night that almost spilled morning trouble. Of course, it was more intense than what Dreda did with Ruby in Two Medicine. The two filled the hotel room atmosphere with relaxing music, sweat, and romantic lighting during their dance of love. By morning, the rising sunlight brightened the room, shining on the now-awakened Dreda. She sat on the side of the bed, watching through the large window.

Dreda let the light warm her. She covered herself with a black robe with pink edges. Although, despite the large window looking into the room, Dreda was in her deinonychus form, seemingly not caring if she was seen by humans outside. She also hadn't brushed her feathers yet. Hugging herself tightly, she pondered about a few things just as Ruby came out of the bathroom, wearing her magenta robe. Although, unlike Dreda, she was still in her human form. Her hair was also partially brushed.

"Ah, now then, that shower felt refreshing" she expressed while puffing up her hair. "You know, I have the room for another hour, Dreda. That should give you enough time to shower here so you can return to your team nice and clean especially once I make the big announcement to Regina. Excited?"

Dreda remained silent for a moment to catch her breath.

"Eh, I guess so," she nervously answered before turning to face Ruby. "Though I gotta admit, I did not expect things to get as passionate as they did. Unlike last time, it felt more...well...rewarding, in a way. But not like I'm happy to receive the jar, though. It felt more than that. I hope that makes sense" Dreda bounced her words in an awkward tone as she wanted to express herself in a way that was understandable, but not direct as she wasn't good at confessing her feelings.

Warmly smiling, Ruby immediately picked up on what she meant. She pressed the morph marble on her left earring and became engulfed in a light blue glow that shined across the room behind Dreda. For the first time since arriving in Viridian, she gave herself time to be in her carnotaurus form. Once her transformation finished, she walked over to Dreda and kneeled on the bed right behind her.

"Don't worry, darling. I know exactly what you mean."

She gave Dreda a gentle rub of her forehead for affection. The reluctant Dreda happily accepted it and rubbed her back, like a mated pair nuzzling each other. Soft groans purred from both of them like kitty cats being petted by their owners. 

Although once Ruby moved away, Dreda lowered her smile in sorrow

"Look, Rubes, I've thought about what you said last night regarding the hybrid kid. And I believe...as far as keeping her away from the company is concerned...it's an option I'm willing to do." Ruby immediately regarded it with a smile of hope. "However, if Hero or Regina catch on, just know I can't be completely on board with this cause if anything happens, I'll lose a lot more than just my job. And I'm doing it cause well...you're not someone I want to disappoint at all."

Dreda once more bounced her awkward words since coming forth about her feelings was still a hassle for her to work with.

"Well darling, as long as you're willing to do it for the sake of family, saying you want to help is all I need to hear," Ruby expressed while she moved two of her fingers up Dreda's back to tickle her, making Dreda joyously bounce a little. Ruby crawled off the bed and reached into her black suitcase across the room. "Once you contact me about your team's location, I'll inform Regina and she'll come to pick you all up and return you to the company. According to her in terms of Hero's release, she'll transfer you all to the Terrarium Tower base in Morrison. It'll be a temporary office until your base in Hell Creek is fully rebuilt. Can't be a full base without a main sector, after all, ay darling?"