Chapter 11: Surprised Guest

It was around seven o'clock at Formation National Park. The sun had set, the sky was dark, and the grey house was glowing lights from the inside. After getting Paris settled into the team and giving her the rundown of everything, the Dinosaur Rebellion decided it would be a fun idea to throw a small welcoming party in honor of their new recruit. Although, there may be more than one new recruit as Owen is also being welcomed into the team now that he knows of their existence. Owen himself is doing his best to get to know the team, even though he is still scared of Blaster due to seeing him as a giant bat. He did take his jacket off to allow himself to settle into the house for the time being, as well as his police necklace.

The team had snacks laid out on the table throughout the living room leading to the kitchen, including meats, salads, and fish trays. There were also drinks ranging from juices, milk, tea, and some wine bottles that were tucked away to be used for special occasions. Most of the team was scattered across the room, talking to each other in different chat groups. The team allowed Mega to hang out with them outside of her cage as a surprise. Since she didn't want to leave, she was given a chance to hang out with them without being confined in her prison space.

"Alright adolescent dinos, time to show you all how to party as such, with a good amount of alcohol, decent party cups, and a proper tolerance to stomach this stuff." Mega explained this while she was working at the snack table. She was putting together an assortment of plastic red cups and alcoholic drink bottles together to make good drinks for the team to try. Tex, Shane, Caren, and Rover were watching her do this. "This ain't like your old watering holes, dinos, so don't go diving into these. The key is to drink at a steady pace and find out how much you're capable of drinking at once" she said before finishing mixing a cup and passing it to Tex.

	"So let me get this straight

"So let me get this straight. Not only are you a professional mutation engineer, college grad of science, yadda, yadda, yadda, but you're also a pro when it comes to mixing drinks like a bartender?" Shane questions while Tex looks over the drink.

"Newsflash, Stego, this college graduate had her share of partying from time to time" Mega proudly answers.

"Uh-huh? And yet you're the same age as Emily. How is it that you went to college earlier than 21?" Caren suspiciously asks. She didn't feel too comfortable having Mega out as she still had a hard time trusting her character.

"I only had to go for two years because of how much of a genius I am. Plus, as a prodigy, I got to go as early as sixteen. You'd be surprised at how premature middle school work was for my intellect" Mega explains.

"This makes my mind feel slightly inferior" Shane meekly replies. Tex would eventually take a sip of Mega's drink. His face was slightly surprised by the spicy flavor, but he slowly calmed down once he got used to the taste.

"That...is pretty spiced up, but very fruity, though" he replies.

"That's because you tried my sweet rum punch. Added with enough rum to make your spices tingle but not taste the alcohol too much so you can enjoy the fruity flavor" Mega explains. This made Caren slightly suspicious.