Chapter 17: Rough Rescue

Warning

The following chapter contains themes of fear, physical/gun violence, blood/gore, and trauma. Viewers be warned.

It may have been late at night in Bone Cabin Quarry, but it was just after sunset when Dreda reached Two Medicine to have dinner with Ruby at the Fancy Fang restaurant. To be suited for the restaurant's dress code, Dreda wore her human form along with a tight black dress. It had no sleeves, but it did have a hot pink mesh connecting her neck and chest, but had no sleeves. 

With her pocketbook in hand, Dreda stood at the entrance of the restaurant with a stern look

With her pocketbook in hand, Dreda stood at the entrance of the restaurant with a stern look. She briefly took out her phone to see Ruby's latest text, which read We have reservations for Horn. Don't be late.

Dreda released a sigh of breath before saying "She is really looking for this relationship, ain't she?" She walked inside, heading straight for the waiter's podium. There was a black woman waiter with a ponytail attending the stand. "Excuse me, mam. I'm here with a reservation for Horn, has someone already checked in?" She asked, politely. The woman looked down at the reservation list on her tablet that was laying on the podium.

"Hm, yes, a woman checked in earlier. She's at table twenty-three, near the back," the woman responded while pointing to the back dining area of the restaurant.

"Thank you" Dreda responded before she walked to the back dining area. Walking across the golden-lit restaurant, she noticed the elegant decor, clean tables with white tablecloths, candles set on the centerpieces, and the large red pillars that make up the side of the walls. Dreda kept looking around to find Ruby's table, although most of the tables she looked at just had people sharing decent conversations. Some were parties of three or four while others were couples dining together. Some were straight, some were of the same sexes, and others were of different races.

Dreda began to feel a little lost about where to find Ruby. But suddenly she heard the harmonized shout of "Oh Dreda Darling" from across the room. To Dreda's surprise, she found Ruby sitting at a table in the back, standing up from her chair and waving happily. "It's about time you showed up," she said charmingly. Ruby wore a tight black dress similar to Dreda's, except her chest design was black and had an x-shaped cut stretching to a black band on her neck. Her back would be exposed to the waist.