Chapter 13: Finding Truths

"You didn't ACCEPT her OFFER?" Shouted the unhappy stern voice of Grey. After explaining the details of Ruby's deal to Dreda, which involves the Raptor Generals being under Regina Grim's protection upon getting reinstated with Terrarium, Dreda felt sure the team would understand the situation. What they didn't understand, though, was Dreda's decision to not accept the offer at the time. This wasn't settling news for the generals, especially Grey, to hear.

"Not yet! Grey, not yet" Dreda shot back, trying to calm him down. "I didn't deny the offer completely. Ruby's giving me time to think about it before she leaves in a few days. Besides, there's a lot more to accepting this offer than there is. We're talking about working for Terrarium's most secretive, and possibly dangerous dinosaur agent: Regina Grim." As Dreda explained this while pacing in their cavern space, the Raptor General team would sit or stand around the couch and watch her explain. Although, most of them had blank faces.

"Uh, mam, you were the one who said we should accept help the second we could, but now you're willing to hold off on it just because of ONE agent?!" Grey asks, feeling hysterical, angered, and confused at the same time.

"I honestly don't know how to approach this," Kai says. "I mean, yes, we should take a chance and get welcomed back into our home company. But then again, Regina Grim's reputation is highly dark even for us to handle. They say she's so brutal with dealing with traitors to the company, she killed one former agent with just one slash to their throat WHILE she was in her human form, without mercy! It's rumored that she's mastered morph bracelet customs that enable her to show some of her dinosaur features through her human form, including her eyes, fangs, and claws. It's horrifying the more you think about it." Kai sounded scared as he described Regina. He was very nervous about accepting this deal.

"Exactly, Kai. This is why I decided to take the time to think about accepting this offer so that we can prepare for what we're entering" Dreda explains, clarifying her decision-making.

"You know what, Dreda, I accept that choice. I mean, I can't say I'm willing to agree with Kai here since I haven't heard much about this Regina Grim, but I will say if she is as dangerous as you guys claim, then I respect your choices boss" Buckley explains, agreeing with Dreda's choices. Hearing her say this, as well as hearing her call her boss, made Dreda feel proud.

"Eh, who asked you, defect?" Sinor abruptly asks. She was sitting on the couch next to Buckley. This comment made Buckley feel very offended. "You're not within the professional ranks to understand these kinds of company decisions, so who cares about what you feel about this?"

"Hey, at least I'm contributing to helping this team out. I may not be an agent, but I'm still a dinosaur who knows how to feel" Buckley retorts back, angrily staring down at Sinor. Sinor would growl back in anger.

"Don't make me bite you, defect" Sinor growls in anger.

"No, Sinor, she's right," Dreda says, stopping the arguing. Sinor would fold her arms and pout in irritation. The boys would feel confused about her claim that Buckley is right. "Officially accepting an offer like this is risky. Which is why I think we as a team should think about this before concluding my next meeting with Ruby. She's leaving in three days anyway, so there's still plenty of time for us to make a decision."

Dreda said this proudly. But she suddenly felt her phone vibrating in her coat pocket. Pulling it out, she would see Ruby had texted her once again. This time, she said Not to rush you darling, but perhaps another meeting should help with your decision-making. Let's meet again at the Fancy Fang in Two Medicine. Tonight at 9. Hope to see you then, my darling deinonychus. The message once again ended in an emoji of someone blowing a kiss. Seeing the emoji once again made Dreda disgusted. But it also made her blush in embarrassment.