Chapter 9: Confusion

The day after Stain's defeat, there was no news report about the fire that had broken out of the abandoned building where a horror show took place on the same night. The students were reprimanded by their action, and their deeds will never be seen in the light. Returning to classes, Izuku was bombarded with questions by the girls. All of which confused and greatly stressed out the social weirdo that was Izuku. Questions such as, "How are you so strong!" to "I didn't know you were such a badass!" and "Thanks for saving us at the mall!" came out all at once in rapid succession.

Seeing the nerdy kid in the class having all the girls' attention a little purple grapist was fuming in the background. Meanwhile some of the other students tried to barge into the conversation as they heard some interesting things and wanted to understand more. Izuku tried his best to convince the girls that he wasn't at the mall, and had absolutely no clue what they were talking about seeing him in a place where he wasn't.

Thinking Izuku was playing hard to get, the girls nodded to each other and backed off for now. However Mina asked a very strange question to Izuku, "Mido-bro do you like... have a twin brother?". Confusion was written all over Izuku's face at what the question was, he promptly denied that he has a brother. Bakugo who was sitting nearby got up and started yelling at how he saw Deku out in the street on his way home from UA several days ago and how the dork cussed him out in public. Bakugo also accused him of drinking alcohol since when the two met, he had just come out of a liquor store.

Denki and Sero were looking directly at Izuku with a sparkle in their eye while Tokoyami's dark shadow commented, "Your innocents elude your true self, you can no longer hide who you really are.". All this was scaring Izuku, as he had literally not a single clue about it and said he can prove it all with witnesses and his mother.

While the bunch of students were chatting away, their teacher had casually walked in and even closed the door very loudly to still be ignored. He next heard Bakugo accusation of Izuku's drinking alcohol at his age which he couldn't ignore. There was also the other fact that he could have sworn he saw the little bean in the bar that one night on his patrol break. Allowing the students to continue to talk until Izuku said he could prove it. Aizawa interjected the bunch to their dismay as they didn't notice their teacher had arrived and the fact the clock was 15 minutes past the start of class.

The students gulped at thinking of the punishment they were going to receive, but instead Aizawa took Izuku up on his offer. "If you are so inclined to prove your innocence then you wouldn't mind if the detective questioned you, right? Especially since I saw you at a bar at midnight on a school night!" being completely unexpected as Aizawa also threw his hat in the ring of interrogating Izuku. All the students including Bakugo stared at their teacher, then switched back to Izuku, they did this several times before, "HUH!? YOU WORK AT A BAR?!" which had burst Izuku ear drums.

Aizawa took a step back to contact Nezu that he needed the detective to come for a bit of questioning on a student. Nezu was skeptical, but agreed nonetheless.

Arriving at the scene was detective Tsukauchi, he was on his way to Class 1-A as he met the chimera along the way, both walked to the classroom together as Nezu wanted to see what all the commotion was about and why Aizawa wanted to interrogate his student. After a polite knock on the classroom door, it slid open to reveal the two and a frantic Izuku surrounded by his classmates.

Nezu with his signature smirk, as he had an idea what was going on, but stayed quiet for the time being. The detective after his introduction got to the point after sighing as to why he was needed in such a case. After some quick explanation, he understood why he was called as it was the best and fastest way to confirm if Izuku was lying or not. Each question the detective asked of Izuku, always came back with a truth of him never being at the scene of these events which the others were claiming he was at. Detective was about to leave since it seemed like all was done until Nezu spoke, "So it wasn't you who recommended that fabulous tea blend at the tea cafe?". Izuku promptly denies it, which also comes back to the detective as (Truth). Aizawa finding it surprising that even Nezu had such an encounter like the rest of the class was quite surprising as he never thought his boss would throw his paws into the ring of questions.

Bakugo was left stunned, he was stunned at the fact that it wasn't Deku that he saw that day, but someone who looked exactly like him. Then a thought came back to his head, 'They multiplied.'. He now was feeling a bit of regret for bullying Deku so harshly the past several school days, which was a first for him, but thanks to the wonderful pampering he received from Best Jeanist during his shadowing he started to become a bit more human. Later that day, instead of walking up to the nerd, he just texted. "Sorry for beating the shit out of you...".