Chapter 13: Inko's Condition

A few days after the dust settled from the Kamino Incident. UA came up with the idea of having all the students move into dorms in order to better keep them safe from harm. In order to accomplish this feat however, they would need to have the teachers go around and convince the students' parents into accepting UA to handle their child well being.

It was the last house for a duo of teachers to visit, the blond managing to ward off his partner as he was left alone to visit this student house and convince the mother to allow her son to stay at UA dorms. Upon reaching the door the blond skeleton also known as All Might rang the doorbell. To which his protege opened the door for him and welcomed him into his home as both him and his mother humbly welcomed their guest.

Getting down to business, All Might talked about the dormitory system and the usual lines he was preaching throughout the day to convince the various parents in letting them handle the responsibility for taking care of their kids. While Izuku seemed excited, he failed to notice his mother's apprehensiveness.

Inko started to voice what he really thinks about UA and how she has begun to distrust the school and All Might for the ways her son has ended up so badly injured and also scolding him for his reckless abandonment of his own health without thinking what she would have thought. The carelessness that Izuku brought onto himself without thinking of the consequences it would have on Inko who loved and cared about her precious little green bean as he was her only. Izuku paused and broke out crying, while apologizing profusely to her all the while saying he still wants to be a hero regardless of what school it is. Hearing her son solid resolve she decidedly back down because the love for what her son want was too great,

All Might who was on the floor with his heads down apologizing for his reckless teaching on young Midoriya was his fault, regardless he shamefully asked to let him continue to teach him as he believed that Izuku would be the next symbol that the world really needs. Everyone is now in a cycle of crying and apologizing to each other, the room seems to start to flood with Midoriya's tears. All seemed well, as Inko accepted the term, but right before All Might was about to leave she raised her voice.

"I'll accept to let Izuku attend the dorm, and UA on the condition you give me an all access pass for someone I have in mind as a guardian for him to check on him from time to time." Inko said firmly with a determined facial expression filled with the power of an all caring mother. Both Izuku and All Might were surprised by the fact she mentioned a guardian since both of them looked at each other to see if either knew what she was talking about, but looking back at her, she was dead serious. All Might being only a teacher, but Izuku teacher as well had his hand tied as he did not possess the authority to accept her demand, in which he surprisingly made a smart move of, "I do not possess the authority to accept your condition, but I will have to talk to my boss about it, Is it possible for the we to revisit this topic another time?" All Might asked in a profoundly professional manner for once.

Closing the door after All Might had left the apartment, Izuku was clearly confused with who this guardian his mother had in mind was, Trying to pry for a bit of information, but failing miserably as Inko did not budge an inch to divulge such information to her son, but only hint it as a surprise.

-Flashback days between now and the Kamino Incident-

Izuku was out training for most of the day, leaving Inko home alone. Her phone vibrated on the kitchen counter as she was preparing some food for Izuku when he came home. Picking up the phone she received a text from Izushi who asked if it was fine if he dropped by for the invitation she gave him from before. She happily agreed and soon the teen showed up in his usual dressed up attire looking like a fine gentleman.

Izushi entered, and slightly bowed with his fedora pressed against his chest showing her respect before entering the apartment. The two had small talks, but then the discussion moved onto Izuku, as Inko vented how worried she had been for him ever since he started attending UA. Izushi listens on and on with some level of interest as he offers his own help if she asked before by looking over Izuku. The two talked and laughed, as the teen in front of Inko didn't seem anything like a teen, but more like a young adult with quite a lot of life experience.

They continued to chat for a few hours, Izushi got a taste of Inko's katsudon and loved every moment of it, stating it was the best he ever had and was his favorite asking how she knew. As Inko simply replied it was the same with her son loving the dish specifically.