Chapter 24: A Forgotten Wish

It has been two weeks since Izuku visited his older brother Izushi. Izuku who endured through the yakuza raid and saved the little girl by the name of Eri from the germaphobe Overhaul. Was now enjoying a bit of time off with his brother Izushi. The two went on a walk on the beach enjoying the sun and each other's company, talking about random different things. Over the course of the two weeks, both Izuku and Izushi bonds grew. The training regime Izushi gave to Izuku was far more intense than anything Aizawa could make or All Might, which had a significant impact on Izuku overall performance to his little brother's joy.

Izushi remembers all the strange, random, and comforting times he's been through ever since he woke up in that alley. The people he met, the mother he never had, and a surprisingly accepting little brother.

As the two continue walking on the beach, a pomeranian shows up with a candy cane in tow, as the two greet each other and join the walk. After some more time passed by as each enjoyed each other's company, Izushi fell ill. Izushi stopped dead in his tracks as he fell on both knees clutching his mouth as blood spewed forth, and his other hand holding onto his chest. Todoroki, Bakugo, and Izuku reacted and tried to give him support at the traumatic scene in front of them.

Mere moments before they got close enough to help him, Izushi's heart fully stopped.

Despite his heart stopping, and the pain faded away, he was fine strangely. It was until he took a look in front of him and around him, noticing that everything had turned black and white except for himself. Everything seems to be stuck in time, the people, the waves, the birds, even the debris in the air.

A voice came from behind him, "So, it seems you enjoy my present quite well, Izu." quickly getting up as he recognized the voice fully now, a rush of memory filled his mind and remembered exactly how he died and who this voice belonged to. Izushi, or in this case as Izu, had a look of "I missed you so much you shitty bastard!" as he rushes forward to the figure giving him a tight hug. "Somebody gone soft, eh?" said the figure as he patted Izu on the back.

Izu asked why he was in the world, and was alive for so long, and if everything was real to his amazement, the figure told him that he granted a wish of his which he seems to have forgotten. Reminding Izu of the time, he got a little bit too drunk, and spilled his innermost thought of wanting to see what he would be like if he were a hero instead. Blushing at the response to his question out of pure embarrassment, he gave a kiss to the figure. "So.. I really have to leave them don't I? Izu looks at Izuku, Todoroki, and Bakugo. "Well I did say, your time limit was close before, didn't I? Since it was you this time around, I'll give you some time to write a letter for him." the figure said as a chair, table, paper, envelope, and ink appeared out of thin air.

Once everything was completed, Izushi left the envelope on the ground where he was kneeling from. He took the hand of the figure, and the two vanished from sight, time started up again as everything resumed.

The three boys were shocked at what just happened, one moment Izushi was in front of them, the next he was gone and instead only a letter was left. The letter was addressed to Izuku and his mother specifically, with another note that only after the two had read it, that they can share if they wish.

Rushing home frantically with the waterworks already going, Inko was startled, but looked at her son fearing that something bad would happen. Izuku gave her a brief explanation of what happened which caused her to also start the waterworks. The two started reading the letter:

Dear Izuku and Inko,

It has been a pleasure meeting the two of you, my time here has been filled with great fun and joy. I am grateful for the kindness you both show me despite who I was. Please continue to live a happy life together.

Izuku, please continue the training regime I created for you and become the greatest hero the world has ever seen. There will be many hardships in front of you, but I believe you will overcome them similar to myself.

As for me, it seems the reaper has come to get me after granting me my last wish that even I had forgotten. Don't come chasing after me, because I'll be busy dancing with the devil himself. Live your life to the fullest, don't leave any regrets.

Also remember to thank mom for me. I never had one, never thought of much I was missing until I met her. Please take care of the lovely lady.

Sorry for complicating your life and identity, my little brother.

Your's Truly,

Izuku Shigaraki

PS: I left a small vial, the vial is for you Izuku, take it or not doesn't matter to me. However you have 1 year to decide, keep it close, after 1 year it will vanish. If taken, the devil will visit you too. Anyways I got a date with him now, so I'll see you on the other side.

Opening the envelope, Izuku lifted up a small vial containing a mysterious blue liquid.

Both Midoriya grieves for Izushi, and later Izuku broke the news to everyone at the school and shared the content of the envelope, with the exception of the vial. The Kamino Incident costume that Izushi wore, was teleported inside of Izuku's room of his family apartment to which the boy brought to school. Nezu, Aizawa, and All Might were noticeably startled from the fact that the same person who was Izuku guardian for a time, was also the person who defeated AFO. Learning all the small details, they later had a private meeting to formulate a plan to ensure that Izuku NEVER switches sides, as they feared something similar to Izushi's world would repeat in this world.

The End.