Chapter 23: Visit

About a week after Bakugo and Izuku punishment, and the class fight against Mirio Togata, Izushi during the week gave Izuku some more personal advice when it comes to training himself, and would give him some combat lessons, all of which greatly accelerated his usage of OFA.

At home Izushi woke up from his slumber. As he went through his normal morning routine, he felt sick as something was coming up from inside of him. Rushing towards his bathroom and opening the toilet, Izushi started to vomit a large quantity of blood, some of the blood that came out had a purple tint to it. Out of breath, and unsure what was happening to him as he sat over the blood filled bowl, a whisper came into his ear, "Your time limit is almost up, hurry now." said the whisper in a voice that he felt a strong familiarity with.

Izuku on the night before asked if he could visit Izushi after getting an "OK" from Nezu. Knocking on the door of the apartment, Izuku was let in by the welcoming smile of his double. Entering the apartment he sees fancy decor that must have cost a fortune to design, aromatic scent filled air, and the smell of something delicious in the work from the kitchen. Izuku sets his backpack on the couch in the living room, as he was taken on a small tour of the place. After the small tour the two headed to the kitchen where Izushi prepared a katsudon in the exact way Inko Midoriya has taught him. After tasting it, Izuku thought that his mother was here to cook this dish to the satisfaction of Izushi.

Once the food ended, Izuku brought up the questions he had on his mind for a while. "Go ahead, ask me whatever you want kiddo." Izushi replied. "Why did you become a villain?", "Really, you asking that? As much as I want to tell you, it would take forever, so the short version is, I was an orphan and the hero system turned it back on me. One thing led to another, and 10 years later, I became one of the most wanted villains internationally. Satisfied?" Izushi finished to an even more confused Izuku as he was processing the super condensed story. Leaving the kitchen and heading towards the living room, both sat on either side of the couch.

"What made you want to be a hero?" an unexpected question came from Izushi to which Izuku explained his childhood. Izushi let out a sigh, "So I would have been like you if she was still around." he said in a sad tone. "I don't know, this might be a bit too personal, but what exactly was your kill count?" Izuku asked nervously. "Lost count after it passed a few millions." "A few mil- millions?!" "Well I did say earlier, I WAS an international villain didn't I? What I'm more surprised about is how relaxed you and the rest of the heroes have been whenever I am around despite knowing that I am a villain, retired, but still a villain." Izushi prodded from his own curiosity. To Izushi's surprise, "W-well, it because you fe-eel like an o-olde-rr brother." he struggled to say clearly without stuttering from embarrassment, as he received a warm smile from Izushi.

After a few hours of discussion, it was about time to go, forgetting where he left his in one of the drawers to charge, Izuku began to search for different cabinets and drawers in search of it. It was then, he found a costume that looked familiar as if he had seen it in person, or on the TV before. Taking it out, he lifted it up and noticed the mask underneath being the same one from the Kamino Incident. A violent cough can be heard in the bathroom as it snapped Izuku out of his trans.

Izushi while enjoying Izuku, which he feels like a responsibility to take care of, felt an increasing pain throughout his body. Unable to help himself he was back in the bathroom and started violently coughing up blood. Losing color on his skin as he began to pale like a ghost, heavy breathing as if he couldn't fill his lung with air as if there was a hole in it.

Izuku hearing the coughs and hearing liquid splattered, went to check on Izushi, but not responding and seeing the door was locked, Izuku smashed the door down to see a bloody mess with his brother looking like a corpse. Izushi seeing the problem forcibly activated his quirk to recede all the blood loss back into his body and recover some color to himself as he bought a bit more time.

"Izushi! You ok? I need to get you to the hospital quickly." Izuku panicked as he felt a bonk on his head. "I'm fine, don't worry about me." he brushes off Izuku's worry which only causes the opposite to occur. Izuku helped his brother up, as the two went to the living room, Izushi noticed the one drawer open and his costume pulled up remained silent. Once he was sitting down, and Izuku got a cup of water for him, "So.. it seems you found out after all.." pointing towards the costume that was taken out with the mask from the Kamino Incident sitting beside it. Izuku remembered and looked back at his older brother with hesitation, "It's fine to be a bit frightened, but yes I was the one who saved All Might and your asses that day. Yes I was that thing you saw that ripped and ate both of AFO arms, and to be quite clear it tasted great. Also, yes it is because of a side effect of my quirk. Now quit being scared already." he said while panting.

Izuku was at a loss for words, seeing his older brother who was the same person that saved him that day and his idol All Might, while decimating the super villain like he was nothing; was now sitting in front of him in such a sickly state. Izuku decided to call his school and asked for some time off to spend with Izushi, Nezu who was inquisitive about the situation was given the "Family Emergency" excuse from Izuku. Nezu promptly accepted, but also reminded him about the work-study that would come in a week's time.