58

2 years later

the little girl ran around in circles with a green sucker clenched in her left hand. worried that the green residue would stain her white dress, Jewel picked up the little girl and took the sucker from her. 'your gonna get your dress all dirty.' the little girl laughed not understanding a word she said but loved giving her mother a hard time. putting her down, Jewel watched as her daughter scurried off into the next room leaving her alone. It had been 2 years since she had her baby girl, Majesty. she was more than happy to be finding out she was having a girl, a mini her. She would protect her daughter from the whole world if she had to so shouldn't wouldn't have the same childhood Jewel's. Putting on her shoes and exiting out of her bedroom, she looked around the house to find Milani and Majesty sitting on the couch watching cartoons as they matched in their white dresses. They both shared very similar features considering the fact they shared the same dad. Today wasn't an ordinary day, today was a day that jewel seen coming but at the same time wish didn't happen. a knock on the door startled jewel from her current state of mind. she opened the door to see clay dressed in a black suit. 'You ready?' 'Yeah let me get the girls.' she walked back over to the couch and turned off the tv earning pouts from the two sisters. 'You can finish watching them later it's time to go.' She picked up Majesty as Clay walked out holding Milani's hand.

arriving at their destination, the four exited out of the vehicle as people that stood around dressed similar as them stared them down. feeling uncomfortable, goosebumps grew on Jewels arms but Clay assured her it was ok. walking inside the building, the decor consisted of white and red and a pretty chandelier that hung just above them. walking further into the building, there he was. peacefully laying inside the casket, jewel acknowledge his pale skin and lips that surprisingly weren't chapped. still holding majesty in her arms, jewel didn't know how to feel. she hated him with everything in her but she wouldn't wish death on anyone even if they deserved it.

closing the door after putting majesty down for her afternoon nap, Jewel finally had some peace and quiet to herself. plumping down onto the couch, she clicked through the channels trying to find something to entertain her but that was quickly interrupted by the doorbell. sighing and rolling her eyes, nobody ever came to visit her so this was a surprise to her. Opening the door, there stood a man dressed in a black suit with a envelope in his hand. 'you must be ms. hernandez nice to meet you.' he stated but kept a blank serious look. 'I know your wondering why i'm here so to save us both the time i'm gonna make it brief. Unfortunately, Mr. Matthews was killed in a tragic car accident and with the right information we were able to find out that he wanted his daughter to be left with you.' He stepped aside so that Milani could visible be seen sitting in the backseat of the black car with a scared look on her face.

this was alot of information to take in. 'I know this is alot to process ms. hernandez but believe me we are here to help you with any questions you have. you were the only one he trusted with the safety of his daughter and it seems she has a very good memory about you.' he passed the envelope to jewel. she hesitated before grabbing the envelope and milani was escorted up to the doorstep by another male individual. she stood there looking down with the pink and purple unicorn clutched tight to her chest. 'We will let you know funeral details when that has been sorted out by the family until then feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.' a pink duffle bag was handed to her that she assumed was milani clothing. after they left, she closed the door and sat the bag down. for a minute they just stood there but milani kept her attention on the ground as jewel just stared at her.

no child she ever have to bear this much pain. jewel was in the same boat as milani when she lost her father. milani knew what death was but didn't quite understand the concept of it. asking for her father countless amount of times to the people that brought her here, they tried to explain it to her the best way a child could understand but to her knowledge, he was on the long vacation and she'd just await for his return. jewel didn't know what to do because she felt horrible about the news she just received. 'do you know when dad is coming back.' for a 5 year old her speech improved a lot since the last time jewel seen her. hearing her ask this very question broke jewels heart. she wanted to cry and hug milani but she knew she had to keep it together for her. 'no i'm not sure but we could watch some tv and eat some ice cream if that'll make you feel better.' milani smiled hearing her favorite food come out of jewels mouth.

it had been a total of 5 hours after jewel received the horrible news about what happened to Kyro. milani and majesty had already become the best of friends in the span of time which made jewel feel a little better. she had been thinking about him ever since she heard the news. she didn't regret anything she had told him the last time they had an encounter but she wish she could have one more time to see him so that he could meet majesty. because of her selfish ways, majesty would now grow up never meeting her father but jewel would make sure milani and majesty knew of him. there was three envelopes that was given to jewel. unwrapping the envelope that had her name on it, jewel pulled out the lined notebook paper.

'and to the girl that had to put up with all my shit, i wanna say thank you to you, jewel. the way we met i wish i could change. i wish i could take back all those horrible things that i had caused you to suffer through. my problem was with your father, not you. you didn't deserve anything that i caused. if your reading this, most likely i got checked out the game or i'm in jail. i wanna thank you for being a role model and an important woman in milani's life. I know you'll make a great mother to majesty. yes, if it wasn't for Clay i wouldn't have known i'd had a baby girl. i don't blame you for keeping her from me because i would too. she looks just like you and milani. I leave you with the safety of my daughter because i know she'll be safe in your hands. I know you'll keep them away from people like me. I want you to know that till this day, even after your graduation night, i still love you. You may be calling me all types of psycho and wanna beat my ass right now but that's ok. You deserve a happy ending even if it's not with me. i don't want you to blame yourself or beat yourself up because i brought this upon myself. make sure you raise those two to become strong and independent like you, their mother.' - kyro.

tears fell onto the paper and seeped through as jewel found herself crying. tears of joy and madness. all this time, she thought he knew nothing about his new child but he did. she still felt bad on majesty's end because she'll never meet her father. looking at the other two letters that were for milani and majesty when they were old enough to understand and read them, she put them away so they would be accessible when needed. wiping her face she noticed a picture poking out from the envelope she opened, she pulled it out and examined it. it was a off guard picture of the two smiling and enjoying each other's company. they both held hands as jewel was teaching him how to formally dance. this was a core memory nobody knew about but the two and Clay who was there to capture the moment.

still staring down at his lifeless body, jewel slightly smiled at him. leaning down to kiss his forehead, others may have found it weird but this was the last time she'd ever see the man that changed her life for better and worse. giving him one last glance and placing the rose they had bought for him in his hands, jewel walked off with her two little ones to their assigned seats. sitting down, she watched as they closed the casket and what she'd last see of what she soon came to realize was oddly the love of her life.