7

Raun POV
"Just pack yo shit and get the fuck out you done here we no longer need you." My boss said basically firing me.

This job barely paid and helped me with bills,food,and provide for my family. I didn't allow Jewels mother to work because I wanted her home with Jewel instead of dropping her off at places. She'd always beg me but never would I give in. I made my way home on the bus well two trains then a bus.

"Come on Jews you got this." I heard once I stepped into the house. I looked into the living room seeing them playing.

"Dada." Jews squealed.

"Hey baby." I picked her up. This is the best part about coming home to my daughter and girlfriend.

"Jews let's show dada what we learned today." Her mom Jayda said.

I put her down and next thing you know she's standing up walking towards me. I was honestly shocked because we always tried to get her to walk.

"Yayyyy." Me and Jayda said clapping our hands and Jewel joined in.

2 hours later
I just got out the shower and I was getting ready to tell Jayda the news about me getting fired.
I signed and practiced how I was gonna tell her. I finally grew some balls and decided to face it. I walked out the bathroom and seen her looking into a magazine.

"Babe I was thinking about this pretty play pin for Jews would be cute." She said pointing and showing me.

"I see but um can I talk to u for a minute."

"Sure." She said putting the magazine to the side.

"I-I got fired today."

There was a moment of silence until she spoke.

"Yea I figured cause you wasn't hyped like you always were and u came home a lil early." She said.

"But it's all good I've been getting money from my father lately because he sells drugs and he gets racks of money so he says he doesn't mind helping out." She added.

I looked at her. "So you telling me we been living off your dads money. Jay that's not cool for one man to be living off another man especially since he don't really like me."

"I know but you know with Jews a baby costs a lot." I shook my head.

"Why wouldn't you tell me this earlier I've been busting my ass off getting more hours in when I could come home and spend time with my daughter." I said.

"I dont see the big deal. One minute your mad about it now you saying the only advantage is you could've used time to spend with your daughter like which do you want Raun."

I signed and frustration and got up walking downstairs as she followed.

"So u sleeping do- where you going?" She asked as I put my shoes on. I honestly didn't know where I was gonna go I just feel like lately me and Jayda hasn't been seeing eye to eye.

"You just gone leave like every other punk nigga. You know what fuck You Raun you a no good ass father me nor Jews need yo ass." She said which caught me off guard. I quickly turned around.

"I don't give a damn if you don't need me or not the only reason I still tolerate yo ass is for my daughter. Seems to me that you need your dad more than you need yo own nigga." I said and she started tearing up.

"Raun I ain't been shit but good to yo ass and u treat me like I'm the bad guy. Jus get the fuck out like you was about to." She said and turned around walking back upstairs. I signed and walked outside to take a walk.

Present day
That's how me and Jews mother "broke up" we not really. She cheated on me with my brother that same night and you probably wondering how I ended up with Jews. Well long story short Jayda ran away with my brother some damn where and left Jews with her dad and that's when I was contacted.

I knew karma was coming her way for leaving her own daughter for a no good nigga. And you thought I wasn't shit..yea ok. Months later I heard my brother dropped her and her dad wouldn't even except her back for what we call "homie hopping" but in this case "Sibling love" or some shit like that. From then I been taking care of Jewel jus me and her no other person.

You probably wondering how I owe Kyro if I wasn't born into this gang shit. Remember Jayda's dad was a drug dealer so I asked him for a job for quick money for me and jewels and of course he understood my situation. We became close like a father and son bond. We became close that he'd call me son and I'd call him pops sometimes he'd even call Jewels his granddaughter even tho it is. Jewels would always call him G dad.

Anyways he needed me to make a drop to Kyro. Me not knowing it wasn't all the money he promised I still did it. Weeks later he called threatening Jayda's dad. Sadly days later he died and his business was handed to me which mean I now owed Kyro.

Sometimes I wish I never got myself into this situation.
*********************************
I know y'all probably waiting on who got shot but that's next chapter.