💫 Five Years

(I've wanted to write a soulmate AU for a while now, and I finally got round to it, and this is what I came up with. Hope you enjoy!)

Voyeur POV

Everyone was born with a permanent tattoo that could help them identify their soulmate. Some had the first words the person would say to them, some had the person's first initial. They varied in many ways, some making it easy to find your soulmate and some making it hard.

For Brian and Roger, finding their soulmate using their tattoo was pretty much impossible. Both were unfortunate enough to have a tattoo of the death date of their soulmates. Brian's tattoo was behind his ear, whilst Roger's was on his hip. What was funny, though, was that both of the dates were the same. They discovered this not long after meeting, after getting changed in their dressing room together.

"So, random question Rog, but what kind of soulmate tattoo do you have?" Brian asked as he pulled his shirt over his head.

"Oh god, don't bring that up. But if you must know, I have a fucking death date. On my hip." Roger grimaced before taking his shirt off and pulling the waistband of his joggers down slightly.

"Look, here it is. The date is the 25th November 1981." Roger showed Brian the black tattoo on his hip bone, but he became concerned as Brian's mouth dropped open and he didn't seem to be able to speak.

"Rog..I have the exact same tattoo, just behind my ear. The date is the same and everything." Brian eventually mumbled, pulling his hair away from his ear and tilting his head so Roger could see.

"That's so weird.." Roger commented, pulling on his stage shirt.

"It's more than weird. What if..what if we have the same soulmate?" Brian fretted, letting go of his hair.

"That's never happened before Bri, it's probably just a coincidence. Don't worry too much." Roger shrugged it off and pulled off his joggers, and slipped into his jeans.

"But what if we're the first?" Brian worried at his lip as he thought.

"I doubt it. It's probably just a coincidence, or maybe our soulmates know each other and might be together when they die. It's probably nothing like that, Bri. Trust me." Roger laid a comforting hand on Brian's arm and shot him a smile.

"You're right..sorry." Brian gave the drummer a weak smile, who just winked back and turned to the mirror. Brian so desperately wanted to say something else but he held his tongue as Freddie burst into the dressing room.

They never spoke about it again in too much detail, but they often mentioned it to each other. It was now 1976, and Queen were on top of their game. Touring the world and producing hit after hit, they were just a well oiled machine.

However, there was one point of soreness between the band members. Freddie and John had found their soulmates, whilst Brian and Roger had not. Freddie had an easy one, he had a tattoo of the first words his soulmate would say to him, and those happened to be "excuse me, sir, your cat has just fallen into the pond." And that was how Freddie met Jim Hutton.

Deaky's was slightly more difficult, but not by much. He had an initial on the inside of his wrist, which said V in bold black. It didn't take him long to find Veronica, and now they were happily married with their second child on the way.

Both Brian and Roger were bitter over this matter, and often took to each other to console themselves.

"It's not fair Bri, why do we get the hardest tattoos?" Roger complained one night as he was sprawled across the guitarist's lap and also the rest of the sofa in his house.