💫 Last Christmas

(you might need to use your imagination a bit for this one :))
Voyeur POV

"This is the best idea you've ever had!" Roger yelled over the loud Christmas music as he and Freddie danced to Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End) by The Darkness.

"I feel like that's quite insulting, but thank you anyway!" Freddie shouted back, swaying his hips to the song. It was the 23rd of December, and the local venue was holding a big Christmas concert. Various underground artists and singers were taking it in turns to perform well known Christmas songs, and Freddie had gotten two tickets for him and his best friend. They were having the time of their lives: dancing, drinking and singing along to all of the well known Christmas hits.

"This guy isn't as good as Justin Hawkins!" Roger commented as he cringed at the poor attempt at the falsetto notes Justin hits in the original song.

"Oh, shut up Roger! Just enjoy it!" Freddie rolled his eyes and slapped the blond on the ass as they danced.

"Hey!" Roger squeaked, glaring at his friend before they dissolved into laughter. The song ended in time and it was announced that it was the intermission. It was also announced that there would be a very special act on after the break, which made Roger both curious and excited.

"Want to get some fresh air?" Freddie asked, grabbing Roger's arm as the blond nodded. They made their way outside and leant against the wall, looking at the night sky and taking in some fresh air.

"Gosh, it is muggy in there." Freddie stated as he took big lungfuls of the crisp night air.

"It is. Ciggy?" Roger offered as he got out his own cigarette. The black haired man accepted with a quiet 'thank you' and took out a lighter from his pocket. The pair fell silent as they smoked and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Roger soon threw his cigarette butt on the floor and stamped it out, stretching his arms above his head.

"Ready to get back in there?" He questioned as Freddie also threw his butt on the floor.

"Absolutely!" Freddie replied, grinning at his friend as they made their way back inside just as the concert was starting again. There were a few bands on, playing some heavier rock Christmas songs, and Roger danced gleefully. However, he couldn't help but wonder who the special act was and why they were special. It had said 'special guest' on the set list, but he just assumed it wasn't anyone interesting.

"And that's us done for tonight, thank you everyone. You'll like this next act.." the lead singer of the latest band said as they exited the stage. Roger grinned excitedly as he realised this must be the special act.

"I wonder who it is and what makes them so special.." Roger said to Freddie as the lights went down and there was a dramatic drum roll.

"Ladies and gentlemen.." an announcement began, making Roger thrum with excited energy.

"Please welcome to the stage.." it continued, pausing to build even more tension. Roger and Freddie looked at each with anticipation as they waited.

"The Brian May Band!" The announcement finished. Roger's jaw dropped wide open as his ex walked out on the stage with a band. Brian had his guitar, the Red Special. The one that Roger knew very well.

"Fucking - no." Roger screamed, turning to Freddie. He couldn't decide whether he was scared, angry, upset or some combination of the three.

"Oh..that is too funny!" Freddie burst into laughter as he looked between Roger and his ex stood up on the stage drinking in the applause.

"Thank you everyone! We have two songs for you tonight. You might know this one!" Brian said into the microphone. Roger's insides melted as he heard the voice he hadn't heard for a year. All of the memories of their 6 month whirlwind romance came flooding back and he stood watching in shock as Brian played and sang at the front of the stage. He only started listening to the song when it was in the first chorus, and with a heavy heart he realised it was his favourite Christmas song. Merry Xmas Everybody by Slade. And it was being sung (extremely well!) by his ex-boyfriend. His ex-boyfriend that he cut off the Christmas before and hadn't contacted since.