Chapter 31

Hiiii. Updating again because I totally owe you guys for not updating in forever. Hope you like it! :)

-

Luke coughed loudly, looking at Ashton with wide eyes. "You what?"

That only made Ashton's face flush in embarrassment, looking down to his own hands. "We don't have to."

"Hold on." Luke breathed out, shaking his own head. "You're actually serious?"

Ashton frowned slightly, nodding. "I wouldn't be joking about this, Luke."

"Where would we even go?" Luke asked, shaking his head.

"I don't know, and I don't care." Ashton responded softly, looking like he was about to start crying once again. "I'm sorry, please go."

"I'm not saying no." Luke assured him, rubbing his thigh. "And I don't know if I'm saying yes. Do you think we'd get away with it?"

Ashton shrugged, looking at Luke. "I don't know." He admitted softly.

"We've haven't even been together for a month, Ash." Luke told him softly, shaking his head.

Ashton stood up, crossing his arms. "Fine. You should seriously go now."

"Baby." Luke sighed, getting up as well. "Just calm down, angel."

"I can't calm down." Ashton spat out, crossing his own arms. "I want to do this for us."

"And what if.. What if we're not meant to be together?" Luke asked, choosing his own words wisely.

"Then.. We'll stay wherever we are. As friends."

Luke rubbed his hands over his own face, taking a deep breath. "We need to plan this out better."

Ashton's eyes immediately lit up, practically throwing himself into Luke's arms.

Luke let out a soft chuckle, holding Ashton up. "Are you sure this is what you want?" He asked softly.

Ashton nodded, closing his eyes. "Nothing is going right for us, Luke. We can use our college money, it'll be okay."

"And then after that?" Luke asked softly, looking at him.

"We'll worry about that when the time comes."

Luke nodded, pressing a soft kiss to the top of Ashton's head. "Are you sure this is what you want?" He asked softly.

Ashton nodded, pulling back to look at him. "Yeah, I'm positive. I need you." He whispered, shaking his head. "I want to be with you. Just us."

Luke cupped his jaw gently, caressing his cheek. "Okay, baby. Okay." He murmured softly.

Ashton silently thanked him, holding his hand. "Where would we go?" Luke asked.

Ashton shrugged, opening the doors to his closet. "I don't know." He admitted. "As far away from here as possible."

Luke nodded, thinking about everything. "How would we get anywhere, though? I'm sure if we take my car, we would get caught right away."

"There's lots of options, Luke." Ashton sighed, opening one of his suitcases.

"What are you doing? Don't pack now!" Luke gasped. "We need time to think about this."

"Calm down." Ashton told him, shaking his own head. "M'not packing everything yet, just getting started."

Luke sat down on the bed, letting out a deep sigh. He wants to do it, he does, but.. He just doesn't know if it's a smart thing to do.

There's so many things that can possibly go wrong. Money is a big one.

They could get caught, and then they really won't be able to see each other anymore.

But Ashton is so smart and he belongs in college, he really does. Luke can't just take that all away from him.

What if they don't last? That's what is really scary to Luke. The though of going so far, and then it all going to waste because they didn't last.

He knows that Ashton said they'll remain as friends.. But do failed relationships ever mean good friendships?

The thought of being without Ashton is extremely terrifying to him. And what's eve scarier is the fact that they haven't even been together that long.

It's crazy, is what it is. Luke is seriously sitting here, considering giving up everything for a boy he just started dating.

He has always admired him from afar, though.

Shit, is he really about to do this?

Is he about to give up everything he's worked his ass off for? He loves his family so much, and his friends, well. Technically, he already gave up his friends for Ashton.

And honestly, it isn't that bad. He missed talking to them a tiny bit, but Ashton definitely makes up for it.

He just loves him so much, and he truly can help it.

It's crazy and it's stupid, but that's their relationship, and he loves every minute of it.

He's now imagining them blasting Green Day on the radio, and kissing at all of the stop signs.

And that image makes him so incredibly happy.

Is that what's right for them?

Should they wait for college? But there's also a big problem in that plan.

Ashton is incredibly intelligent, and well, Luke just.. Isn't.

The thought of hardly seeing Ashton due to college work also scares him.

They'll barely have time to spend together, besides text messages during class or 5 minute long phone calls.

That can't happen to them, it absolutely can not happen.

Luke needs Ashton more than he's ever needed anyone.

This is something that you have to really think about, though. You have to think about where you'll go, or what you'll do once you're there.

What would happen if they got caught? What happens if they run out of money, and they can't get jobs?

If it weren't for those things, Luke would've already been looking for plane tickets and packing his things.

But sadly, there could be absolutely horrible consequences if they make the wrong choice.

"Hey, Ash?" Luke called softly.

Ashton looked up at him, lips cherry red and glasses perched up on his nose. "Yes, Lukey?"

Just one glance at the hazel eyed boy.

It just took one single glance.

He doesn't care about money, jobs, losing people in his life.

He has all he'll ever right here in front of him.

"How does London sound?"

-

Oops?

Hi.

Did you guys like all of my 'Long Way Home' references? *smirking emoji*

That's one of my favorite songs.

Okay SO.

Did you like it? Sorry it's so short. :)

-

What is your dream career?

-

Please vote, comment, follow, message, and all that good stuff.

Thanks for reading, I love you all, my beautiful lovely people. <3333