Chapter 32

WOAH.

So I've realized that I am the worst person at updating. Like, ever. I'm like 99% sure that I will get around 10 reads on this.

HAVE I LOST YOU GUYS?

But honestly I owe you guys so many updates so you will receive that soon. If I still have readers tbh.

I'm sooooooo sorry I'm horrible I love you all though <3

-

Ashton looked at Luke with wide hopeful eyes, searching his face for anything to prove that Luke wasn't kidding, and that he was serious right now. "You're.. Really?"

Luke nodded, smiling slightly at Ashton. "Yeah. Yeah, I wanna be with you, Ash."

Ashton smiled widely, wrapping his arms around Luke tightly. "You're amazing, D'you know what?"

That's all Luke needs to see.

His perfect smile, all crinkly eyes and dimple.

They can do this.

-

Luke can't do this.

He wants to, he does, or well, maybe he's not so sure anymore, but.. The thing is, he just can't say no to Ashton.

The thought of seeing Ashton's eyes filled with disappointment literally makes his stomach churn.

He's never suppose to be unhappy. He's suppose to always have that cute dimple-y smile on his face.

His eyes are always suppose to light up because he's happy, and his cheeks are always suppose to be that light shade of red, and fuck, Luke is absolutely so fucking gone for him.

The fact that he'd give up everything just to be with this boy scares him so much.

He can't do it.

What are you suppose to do when you have horrible news, but you don't want to upset the other person?

-

Ashton walked to school by himself, a part of him waiting for Luke, but, well. He didn't receive any good morning texts or anything. He probably just over slept. It happens to everyone.

He continued on with his day, convincing himself that Luke probably just didn't come.

Until English class.

Luke was sitting right there.

It's alright.

He probably just woke to late, and rushed to school, not having time to talk to Ashton.

Ashton hid his own phone underneath his desk, something he never would've done before he met Luke, sending him a text.

'Hey :-) good morning xx'

He looked to Luke, watching as the boy took his phone out under his desk as well, checking the text, before he quickly put it away again.

Oh.

Well.

He probably just didn't wanna get in trouble.

He'll just talk to him once this class is over.

Once the bell rang, Luke was the first to get out of the door.

Well, he probably just has to use the bathroom really bad.

He'll just talk to him at his locker.

-

Luke wasn't at his locker.

Maybe Ashton was just too late. He kept pushing past people, apologizing, just to go to Luke's locker, and he's not even here.

He'll text him once he's home.

He's probably just having a bad day, it's completely okay. It happens to everyone, doesn't it?

Maybe Luke just got into a fight with his mum. It's alright, that happens to Ashton sometimes. Rarely, but it still happens.

Maybe he got his phone taken away, or something?

Maybe he's out with his family, and his phone died and he doesn't have his charger with him, and he hasn't memorized Ashton's phone number, so he couldn't call from someone else's phone.

But, it's alright. As long as Luke is okay, that's honestly all he really cares about right now.

Well, that, and maybe getting a phone call or text message from him.

He's just busy, it's okay.

He doesn't need to worry about Ashton.

He doesn't need to text him.

He doesn't need to call him.

But he always does, is the thing.

He's probably having fun, Ashton not even on his mind at all.

Which, okay. Yeah, that's.. Well.

He's just busy. He's probably having fun. It's okay. He deserves it.

His mind was screaming the only possibility that made sense at him, but he refused to believe it. He wasn't listening.

Maybe he fell asleep right after he got home from school, and he didn't have a chance to send Ashton a text, or call him, or anything.

Luke doesn't need to talk to him every single day, anyways.

Except he does.

He does talk to Ashton every single day.

He'll surely text him when he wakes up from his long nap, or come throwing rocks at his window if he did get grounded, most definitely.

He watched films to pass the time, watching Disney films, to movies based off of Nicholas Sparks books.

He made sure his volume was up, his curtains pulled back to reveal all of his window, his window a bit open so that he could hear if Luke was calling out his name.

It was 4 AM.

Luke never called.

-

FEEDBACK IS VVVV MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

I know it's so short, but I swear I'll try my very best to make them long and better than this.

I love you all soooo so much. I will definitely update super soon again.

Are you guys out of school?

:)x