Chapter 20

Sorry I haven't updated in forever, I love you guyssss ;* <3

It won't take me this long to update again, sorry my babies <3

-

Ashton was incredibly surprised with himself. Why would he-- How could he say such a thing? Oh gosh, he wanted to call Luke right now and apologize, even though he said it to Michael. Luke was nothing but nice to him, and this is how he repays him! Ashton is an absolutely terrible person, it's settled.

Luke has protected him, comforted him, held him, listened to him, and so much more. Ashton has never had a friend like Luke before, mainly because he's never had friends, but still. Luke is so.. So different, in such a good way.

Luke saw him cry, and he didn't judge him. He held him close, and comforted him. He was there when Ashton needed him the most, and that means the world to him. He could seriously never repay Luke for that.

But he can't.. He can't keep this in anymore. It's killing him slowly, he needs to tell Luke. He would never want to ruin their friendship, but it's bothering him so much.

-

Luke played with the string of his sweatpants, not even paying attention to whatever film was playing on the TV. All that he cares about right now is Ashton. Ashton, who still won't talk to him.

Louis poked his side, giving him a look that meant he was onto him. Luke sighed softly, dropping his gaze back down to his sweatpants string, shrugging his own shoulders slightly.

Louis frowned, poking him again but even harder this time. Luke squirmed against the couch, letting out a loud shriek. The other 3 boys immediately turned to look at him, making him groan and look at Louis.

"Just talk to him." Louis spoke up, crossing his arms. Luke scoffed, shaking his head, not bothering to look at any of the other boys. "Trust me, if it were that easy, we would be talking right now."

"But it is that easy, Luke!" Michael told him, shaking his head. "Just text him right now and tell him." Calum suggested, or more like demanded, crossing his own arms over his chest.

"He won't answer me!" Luke retorted, hiding his face into his hands. "Don't you think I've tried that, Calum? I've called him more than 30 times, and I've probably texted him way more than that!"

"But were you finally gonna admit your feelings for him?" Calum asked, raising an eyebrow. He was completely unaffected by Luke's sudden outburst, knowing that Luke would just ignore his reply because they all knew the truth here.

Luke stayed quiet, until Louis snatched his phone out of his pocket. He gasped, immediately bolting off of the couch, but he was held back by Michael and Calum right away.

Louis tried a couple of times to guess his password, until he finally got it, looking at Luke with a wide, cheeky grin. "Lashton? You make this too easy, Luke." He hummed happily, typing away on his phone before sending whatever message he was previously typing.

Michael and Calum let go of Luke a short moment after that, grinning widely, high fiving Louis. They had to hold him back, because Louis definitely couldn't hold up the phone, since Luke is extremely tall and Louis is extremely small.

Luke immediately looked down at his phone, gasping. "Louis!" He whined, hiding his face into his own hands once again. Louis grinned smugly, watching as Luke quickly began to type out another message to Ashton.

"Come on, L. I didn't say anything bad, I just asked him to come over for a bit, because you guys need to talk. Don't chicken out, no one wants a boyfriend like that." Louis pouted.

"If you were a chicken, I'd still want you as my boyfriend." Harry finally piped up, grinning widely as he looked at Louis, who smiled and cooed, rubbing their noses together.

Luke's heart practically stopped in his chest, feeling his phone vibrate in his hands and light up. He slowly looked down, scared to see what Ashton responded with.

'I'll be there in 10 minutes.'

-

"Fuck," Luke breathed out, hearing someone knocking on his door, it no doubt being Ashton. He had kicked Harry, Louis, Calum and Michael out, blushing madly when they found out the real reason why they had to leave. Because he wants to be alone with Ashton.

Luke swung the door open, smiling slightly at Ashton. Both boys froze, looking at each other for a second before averting their gazes awkwardly.

"Uh, hi." Luke spoke up.

"Hi, Luke. You wanted to talk?" Ashton asked, stepping inside of Luke's doorway, entering his house when Luke motioned for him to do so with hand gestures, and by moving out of the way.

Luke took a deep breath, slowly nodded. He closed the door with a click, sitting down on the couch. Ashton followed him, making sure not to sit too close to Luke and make things even more awkward than they already are.

Luke closed his eyes, rubbing his hands over his face multiple times, something he does when he's frustrated, confused, nervous, or upset.

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows, looking at Luke, waiting for him to speak up.

"Look, Ashton. I really didn't wanna tell you this. Not now, probably not ever. You mean a lot to me, do you know that? And I mean a lot.Louis is the one that send you that text message. Do you wanna know why he sent that to you? Because I was upset. So fucking upset. Just because you left and were ignoring my calls, I was crying.

Pathetic, right? I know. They probably think so too. I mean, crying over something so simple, yet so upsetting to me. I was being so stubborn, and I was bothering myself with how I was being. And that's bad. So extremely bad. Because that proves that you have that effect on me. And I'm pretty sure no one's ever made me so upset before. Just because you were avoiding and ignoring me.

I don't want to be upset over you anymore. I just wanna be happy with you, in whichever way you'll let me. I know you don't wanna be with me in the way I so desperately want to be with you, but it has to come out. It.. It hurts so much to feel this way.

It hurts to know that you have deep, deep feelings for someone who will never return them. It hurts hearing love songs, because instead of dedicating it to you, I think about how you're probably thinking of someone else when you hear it. You have no idea how much it hurts to have such deep feelings for someone who only sees you as a friend.

I've been that friend, Ashton."

-

WELL. HI. LOUIS IS 23 AND IM EMOTIONAL.

FEEDBACK MAKES ME HAPPY!

SORRY FOR THE WAIT AND THATS IT'S SO SHORT.

I love you guyssss!

-

QOFTD; WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?

AOFTD; Black, tbh¿? oops. (hi.)