Chapter 28

I'M SORRY FOR UPDATING THIS SO LATE I LOVE YOU GUYS

Dedicated to; the beautiful Emmmaa_23 and diamondashton

I'm too lazy to go on the website and ACTUALLY dedicate it to you (and you can only pick one), so I hope this is good enough

Thank you guys so much for all of the votes, comments, follows, and sweet messages! They're all very much appreciated!! We're almost to 2k votes ah! :)

-

These last few days have been absolute hell for Luke.

He's been alone, watching romance films all day. And it sucks, it really does.

Every romance film that's he's watched, he's wondered if Ashton has watched it before. What makes it all even worse is the fact that they could be watching them together, but Ashton is at home, most likely hating Luke.

He was in the middle of watching A Walk To Remember when he got the call. Honestly, he thought it was his mum.

But when he saw 'Ashy <3', his heart practically stopped beating in his chest.

He quickly answered, holding the phone up to his ear.

"Ashton?"

"Luke.. Um. Hi." Ashton breathed out, his voice sounding a bit different.

"What's wrong babe?" Luke asked him before he could stop himself.

"M'sick. And I'm home alone.. And I'm scared." Ashton told him softly, shivering slightly. "And cold."

Luke immediately scrambled off of the bed, dressing himself in sweatpants and a random shirt since he was currently in his boxers.

"Do you want me to go over, princess?" Luke asked, praying and hoping that the answer was yes.

"Please?" Ashton responded, trying to get warm on his own bed.

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Okay, thank you. The front door is open."

Luke tsked, shaking his head even though Ashton couldn't see him. "Don't leave it open if you're home alone, Ash."

-

When Luke finally arrived at Ashton's house, he closed the door behind himself, making sure to lock it.

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows once he realized that he heard the door open, but no footsteps coming up the stairs, and also.. The microwave? He wanted to call out for Luke, but if it wasn't him, then that would probably be a really bad idea.

Luke finally came upstairs when a bowl of soup in his hands, and a 7/11 bag hanging off of his arm.

"You weren't kidding when you said you're a good boyfriend." Ashton pointed out, thanking him as he took the bowl of soup from Luke.

Luke grinned widely, beginning to take things out of the bag and place them on Ashton's nightstand.

A box of tissues, the ones with lotion of course, a bottle of medicine, a few films and snacks, and.. a card?

"What's this?" Ashton asked softly, opening the envelope and pulling out the pink glittery card.

"I was gonna buy you flowers too, but they weren't pretty, like you."

Ashton smiled, biting down on his lower lip as he looked at the card that had a key hole, with a cheesy saying about how they're his key.

"They didn't have any that said 'Sorry for being an asshole.'"