Chapter 33

Luke felt horrible.

He didn't want to avoid Ashton, but he also couldn't really.. Talk to him. So, basically, Luke is a fucking coward.

Ashton probably doesn't even know what's going on, and Luke feels so bad. But he can't tell him no. But, well.. He also can't tell him yes.

So, really, his only option is to avoid Ashton. He knows that it won't work forever, especially since they have classes together. But it'll work for now.

Luke sighed, noticing that he had a voicemail. He hesitantly listened to it, hating how upset Ashton sounded.

'Hey, Luke. Um. It's Ashton. Call me back, if you can. Okay? I-Please..'

And, well, fuck. If Luke didn't already hate himself, he definitely does now.

He debated on if he should call Ashton back or not, but he decided not to.

He just can't.

Because he knows if he talks to Ashton, he'd say yes in a heartbeat.

And he doesn't want to say yes.

So really, he's fucked no matter what he does. And he's alone. He doesn't have Ashton, Harry, Louis, Calum, Michael, he doesn't have anyone.

And it's all his fault.

-

Ashton tried to look his best the next day at school, wearing tight back leggings and a baby pink jumper, hoping that Luke will talk to him.

He walked to school once again, fiddling with his own fingers. He took a deep breath when he saw Luke leaning against a locker.

Talking to Josh.

They didn't sound like they were fighting which was good.. But really weird.

And it sounds like Josh is.. Asking where Ashton is.

Well, Luke certainly wouldn't know.

His thoughts got interrupted by Luke speaking up.

"He probably didn't even come today, I don't know. We're not together."

They're not together.

-

In English class, Luke snuck a glance at Ashton, frowning when he saw that he was texting under the table.

It was probably just his mum or something. It doesn't matter.

(Except it does.)

Luke's been focused on Ashton all day, but the boy never even looked at Luke.

At lunch, Ashton was sitting all alone in the corner. Still texting.

Luke watched with a frown as Harry and Louis went to go sit by Ashton, huffing softly to himself. Harry was an asshole, Ashton surely wouldn't want to talk to him.

Ashton looked up at them, immediately feeling a bit nervous.

Luke couldn't tell what they were saying, but he could see that Louis spoke up first, followed by Harry.

Ashton smiled slightly, nodding. Harry smiled back at Ashton, continuing to talk.

Louis met Luke's gaze, quickly looking away as he curled into Harry's side, placing his hand on top of Ashton's, giving it a reassuring squeeze before pulling it back.

What the fuck is going on?

-

Luke is going to talk to Ashton.

He decided that in his last class of the day, when he heard a soft giggle from Ashton as he looked at his phone.

Ashton immediately left once the bell rang, making Luke frown, trying to follow him. It was a bit hard, since the hallways were extremely crowded, but he managed.. Sort of.

Luke was about to call out Ashton's name, before he saw him get into someone's car.

Harry's car.

-

Luke was definitely pacing around his room after that for at least an hour.

But the thing is, he knows deep down that he doesn't have a reason to be mad.

This whole thing is his fault, really.

He decided to take a walk to clear his mind, but he found himself walking to Harry's house.

He took a deep breath before he brought his hand up, knocking on the door.

Louis opened it with a wide grin, before his smile immediately fell.

"Louis, I-"

Slam.

Luke sighed, resting his forehead against the closed door, before it swung open once again.

Harry stood there, jaw clenched. "What do you what?"

Louis was sitting on the couch, talking softly to Ashton, squeezing his hand.

"Can I talk to Ashton?" Luke sighed.

"He doesn't want to talk to you." Harry stated without hesitating.

"You didn't even ask him!" Luke stated, crossing his arms.

"But I know he doesn't want to." Harry snapped.

"Harry.." Louis said softly, giving the man a look.

Harry sighed, looking at Louis before Luke again. "You should go."

"Ash, please, come here." Luke begged, shaking his own head.

Ashton stayed quite, looking down at his lap.

"I find it quite funny how now you want him." Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Shut the fuck up, Harry. This doesn't concern you. This is between me and Ashton." Luke spat out.

Before Harry could respond, Ashton spoke up.

"It's not. There's nothing between us. You should know, we're not together, remember?"

-

Well. There's that.

I'd hate to be that person who's story has like 200 chapters but I'm going to be that person.

If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Mine would probablyyyy be Sugar, We're Goin Down, or Strong. :)