Chapter 2

Ashton closed his notebook when his last class ended, sighing softly to himself as he waited for everyone to leave the classroom.

Luke eyed him from where the was, licking his lips slightly. He walked past him, 'accidentally' bumping into him.

Ashton jumped, not expecting that as all of his books dropped to the floor. "Oh I'm sorry, let me help you." Luke said, trying not to smirk.

Ashton looked up, blushing slightly as he realized that it was Luke. Luke helped him pick up all of his books, placing them in Ashton's arms.

"I really am sorry." Luke said, smirking slightly at the shorter boy. "I-It's fine really.. Erm, thanks." He mumbled, looking down.

"M'luke." He introduced, sticking his hand out. Ashton smiled, shaking his hand without dropping his books.

"Ashton." He replied, looking at his feet. "Well, Ashton. It was nice meeting you."

Ashton blushed slightly, nodding. "You too." He mumbled in response, about to walk away.

"Wait!" Luke yelled, grabbing his wrist. Ashton blushed even deeper, looking at him.

"We should hang out." Luke said casually. "Like.. Out of school?" Ashton asked, biting his lip.

"Yeah." Luke replied, a little confused. "Uh, s-sure.. I don't know if my mum will let me.. It's been a w-while."

He didn't always stutter, only sometimes when he was nervous. Which he always was when he sees Luke.

"You mean like no one hangs out with you after school?" Luke asked, in shock.

Ashton shook his head, feeling his cheeks heat up as his gaze traveled to the ground.

-

After Ashton called his mum and she agreed, they were on their way to Luke's house.

"Is this a j-joke?" He whispered, not walking anymore. Luke looked at him confused, asking him what he means.

"There's other people there, isn't there? O-Oh gosh. I knew this was a bad idea, I should go." Ashton rambled, but Luke grabbed his hand.

"Hey," he whispered, shaking his head. "I wouldn't do that, okay? I know we barely know each other but I would never. Ever."

Ashton looked at him for a moment, sighing softly as he began to walk again. "Promise?"

Luke grinned, squeezing his hand. "I promise."

-

Ashton walked into Luke's room, looking around as Luke closed the door.

"Sorry for the mess, don't usually have people over besides Haz and Lou." He said, moving the clothes off his bed.

Ashton smiled, shaking his head. "It's okay, really." He said, not used to this.

His walls were painted gray, with posters of bands like Blink 182, the neighbourhood, Arctic Monkeys, Nirvana and more.

Packs of cigarettes lie empty on the floor, along with dirty clothes. "You could sit down you know."

Ashton jumped slightly, looking over at Luke who was laying down on the bed. "O-Oh.."

He sat down slowly on the edge of his bed, feeling awkward.

"Tell me about yourself." Luke said, patting a spot closer to him.

Ashton blushed but sat down next to Luke, shrugging. "Like?"

"I don't know. Bands you like. Your favorite color. Friends. Relationships..?"

Ashton nodded, biting his look before starting to talk.

"I like the same bands you like." He said, motioning to the wall.

"Uh.. My favorite color is.." He paused, looking down as he mumbled something.

Luke furrowed his eyebrows, not hearing him. "Say that again?"

"Pink." Ashton mumbled again, barely audible.

Luke grinned, placing a hand on the blushing boys thigh. "Hey, it's okay. Nothing's wrong with that. Go on."

Ashton nodded, taking a deep breath. "I mean.. F-Friends.. I.." He stuttered, looking down.

Luke sat up more, nodding to Ashton. "It's okay, we don't have to talk about that." He whispered, smiling softly at him because he got the point.

"And I'm s-single obviously." He mumbled, playing with his fingers.

"That's not obvious." Luke replied, looking at him. "I'm surprised you're single."

Ashton almost snorted, not believing him. "Right."

"It's true!" Luke argued, squeezing his thigh. "You're more attractive than most of the guys at our school!"

Ashton blushed even harder, biting his lip. "T-T-Thanks.."

"Anyone you have your eye on? Boys?" Luke asked, hopefully. "Girls?"

Ashton blushed even deeper, "boys." He said quietly. "And no." He lied, not looking at him.

Luke nodded, humming quietly. "I like your flower crown." He said, smiling.

"Thank you." He said, smiling softly at him.

"Let's watch a film yeah?" Luke asked, grabbing the tv remote.

Ashton nodded, shrugging as he got more comfortable.

Soon enough, a horror film was playing, which Ashton was scared of but didn't say anything.

Ashton jumped slightly, gripping his own thigh as a scary part came on. "You okay ashton?"

He nodded, biting his lip. "Y-Yeah. Sorry."

-

A while passed after that, Ashton now asleep, head on Luke's shoulder. Luke chuckled, laying him down better before checking the time.

Would it hurt to take a quick nap with Ashton? He wouldn't find out. Luke would wake up before he did.

Luke laid down next to Ashton, yawning as he looked at him. He looked so cute, Luke couldn't help himself.

So that's how they ended up laying on Luke's bed, Ashton's face buried in Luke's chest, Luke's arms wrapped protectively around Ashton's waist.