Chapter 6

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG OMG I WAS STUCK BUT HUGE HUGE THANKS TO MY NEW BETA naturesrooftopreader ❤❤❤❤

-

Ashton woke up in the morning, yawning against something.

He furrowed his eyebrows, opening his eyes and-- oh gosh.

It was Luke's chest.

He pulled away, eyes wide.

Luke groaned, rubbing his eyes tiredly before looking at Ashton, smiling slightly.

"Good morning, how'd you sleep?"

Ashton blushed slightly, because he slept good. Really good. Because of Luke.

"Good."

He murmured, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

Luke smiled even wider, nodding in agreement.

"Are you hungry?"

Luke asked softly, studying Ashton's features.

Ashton shrugged slightly, but his stomach growled, giving away his answer.

"Pancakes?"

Luke questioned with a laugh, getting up.

Ashton let out an adorable giggle, biting down on his bottom lip as he nodded, getting up as well.

He followed the blonde boy downstairs after he stretched, running his hand through his curly locks.

Luke smiled at Ashton, getting everything out.

Everything was going fine until there was a loud thump, followed by the pancake batter spilling all over the floor.

Luke let out a string of curse words, placing the plastic bowl that had fell, on the counter.

Ashton covered his mouth, giggling softly as he looked up at the taller boy.

"You're so clumsy."

Ashton pointed out, still laughing.

Luke's expression immediately softened, giving the boy a crinkly eyed smile.

"Is this funny?"

Luke asked, raising an eyebrow as he made his way to the shorter boy.

Ashton was still a giggling mess, looking at Luke.

Luke grabbed Ashton by his waist, chuckling as he spun him around, shaking his head.

He opened his mouth to say something, but all that came out was a gasp.

Luke slipped on the pancake batter.

With Ashton still in his arms.

Nice move, Luke. Really nice move. Way to impress Ashton.

Ashton gasped, closing his eyes as he waited from the pain to come from hitting himself on the floor.

But.. It never came?

He peeked one eye open, moving his head back so he could get a better view.

Oh.

That's why it didn't hurt.

Because when Luke slipped, he positioned them so he'd hit himself on the floor, and Ashton would land on top of him.

Luke winced slightly, sitting up with a soft chuckle.

"Well.. So much for pancakes."

-

"Ashton!" Luke gasped, pulling the smaller boys wrist into the direction of a store.

They were currently at the mall, Luke's idea, just looking around.

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows, but followed Luke, or more like allowed Luke to drag him.

"Look!"

Luke squealed, pushing the item into Ashton's hand.

Ashton giggled softly at Luke but it quickly died down, seeing the item in his hands.

It was a flower crown.

Now sure, Ashton liked making his own.

But this one, this one was beautiful.

Ashton's lips were parted, stretching the elastic band just for good measure.

"Do you think it'll look nice on me?"

He asked softly, looking up at Luke with wide eyes.

Luke smiled, eyes crinkling.

"Of course. 2 beautiful things make an even more beautiful thing."

He stated before he could help himself.

Ashton turned crimson, giggling softly.

He thanked Luke, looking at him confused as Luke took it from him.

Luke handed it to the cashier, quickly paying for it.

"You didn't have to do that."

Ashton said, blushing still.

"I wanted to."

And maybe Luke spent the rest of his day spoiling Ashton, but whatever.

-