Chapter 21

OH MY GOSH GUYS! THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR 940 VOTES! AH, YOU GUYS ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!
-

"I've been that friend, Ashton."

Luke let out a breath, glad that this is finally off of his chest. What he isn't at all glad about though, is that he probably lost Ashton.

Sure, he has his 4 other best mates, and he's known all of them longer that Ashton.. But it's not the same. And not just because he has deep feelings for Ashton. It's just.. It's different.

He trusts Michael, Calum, Louis, and Harry with his entire life, he does! It's just.. They all favor each other, it's pretty obvious. Sometimes, he just feels left out.

With Ashton, though.. With Ashton, he never feels left out or alone. Usually, in a room with his 4 best mates, Luke feels alone.

In a room with his 5 best mates, including Ashton, he never feels left out. So he can't really blame them for favoring each other, because he definitely favors Ashton.

Luke studied his features for some sort of answer, hoping that his facial expression gave off his emotions, but nothing.

"I-I have to go." Ashton breathed out, tearing his gaze away from Luke. He immediately got up, but Luke grabbed his wrist, pulling him back down.

"That's your problem, Ashton! You always run away from everything!" Luke yelled, tugging on his own blonde locks in frustration.

"You never just say 'lets sit down and talk about this.' You always run away when something is upsetting you or making you nervous! Just tell me how you feel. Is that too much to ask for?! I've just admitted all of my feelings that I have for you, and you try to run away! Again!"

"Stop yelling at me!" Ashton screamed in frustration, squeezing his eyes shut. "You're not making this any easier on me." He breathed out, shaking his head. "You don't know how hard this is for me right now, Luke! You're being selfish!"

"Oh, I'm being selfish?" Luke laugh bitterly, shaking his head. "You're the selfish one here, not me! Do you know how much this hurts? Admitting your feelings for someone, and then they try to run away!"

Ashton stomped his foot angrily, crossing his arms like a child throwing a tantrum. And if Luke isn't so damn angry right now, he would coo and pinch his cheeks.

"If you would stop yelling at me, maybe I'd get a chance to tell you how I feel!" He hissed, storming off angrily.

Luke grabbed his wrist again, making Ashton turn around. "You're running away again." He told him, shaking his head.

"Because you're being mean!" Ashton glared at him, trying to snatch his arm back, which only made Luke tighten his grip. "Let go of me!"

"Don't leave." Luke whispered, still not letting Ashton go. "Let go of me, Luke." Ashton muttered, once again trying to pull his arm back.

"L-Luke, you're hurting me!" Ashton whimpered, giving him a pleading look. "Please let go of me!"

Luke finally let go, looking at Ashton desperately. Ashton pulled his arm back, rubbing his now red wrist. "I'm sorry, Ash. I--I'm sorry, fuck."

Ashton shook his head, stepping back when Luke tried to come closer to him. "Don't." He whispered, closing his eyes. "Just.. Just leave me alone, Luke."

And with that, he left.

Ashton left.

-

"You've been staring at the door for 2 hours."