Chapter 1

Ashton rummaged through his closet, humming softly to himself as he picked out an oversized jumper and a pair of black skinny jeans.

He changed into them, smiling softly to himself as he smelled the jumper, the scent of lavender laundry detergent filling his nose.

Ashton picked up a flower crown, lavender colored flowers weaved together. He grinned, placing it on top of his head before going downstairs.

"Good morning mum." He greeted, standing on his tippy toes to kiss his mothers cheek.

Anne smiled, placing Ashton's plate of breakfast on the kitchen table. "Good morning love. How'd you sleep?"

Ashton smiled, ruffling his little brother Harry's hair before sitting down next to him. "I slept good."

After eating his breakfast, he kissed his mum on the cheek once more before grabbing his book bag and leaving the house.

Once he arrived at his school, he ignored the snickers around him. It's not like it was anything new, he just didn't let it get to him.

He opened his locker, getting his things ready for his first class. He felt a pair of eyes burning into his back, but he chose to ignore it. Probably just some football player waiting to say a stupid remark.

He shut his locker, not bothering to look at the person staring at him. He walked to class, humming slightly as someone shouted 'Fag!'

When it was lunch time, Ashton sat at his usual table, smiling softly to himself as he folded his napkin neatly on his lap.

He began eating, looking up as he met a blue eyed boys gaze. He blushed slightly, looking down as he realized who it was.

It was Luke Hemmings. Now sure he wasn't the 'popular boy' in the school but that didn't mean Ashton didn't think he was the most attractive.

Luke had piercings and tattoos covering his body, and was always hanging out with his 2 best friends, Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles.

Luke was openly gay, not that anyone cared. No one really paid much mind to him, though sometimes he got called a 'fag' and a 'freak.'

Luke's 2 friends recently came out, and now every time they were seen, they were holding hands, kissing, or close to each other.

Ashton looked up again, sighing softly when he saw Luke looking at his friend Harry now, but he didn't miss the slight smirk plastered on his face.