20

I'm giving Beyoncé a break, I put her through the WRINGER in this book so I thought I would give her a lil break for a couple chapters.

Onika's POV

Even though I'm with Kehlani and a couple other friends, I keep my eyes trained on Robyn and Solána the entire night. If they're going in the kitchen to get some food, I'm hungry. If they're going to dance in the living room, I'm going to go throw some ass.

I was watching the two talk in the corner, both holding margarita cans. I couldn't tell what they were talking about, but it must've been good from the way they were both smiling. But there was one thing I knew for certain, it was pissing me off.

"Ow, Nicki! You know I like it rough but shit!" Kehlani projected over the music.

I looked down to see I had a death grip on her wrist that had fallen into my lap. We had been making out before I got so absorbed in the happy couple's conversation across the room and by then, Kehlani was kissing and nipping at my neck but I had managed to completely remove myself mentally.

"Sorry," I quickly apologized and let her wrist go.

"Nicki," I looked up to see Nasir approaching with his two friends Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dumbass who looked like his bodyguards, "How are you, beautiful? If I didn't know better, I'd think you've been avoiding me."

"Wanna talk?" I asked and he nodded.

I told Kehlani I would just be in the empty corner on the other side of the room and that I would be right back. Kehlani handed me my drink and I beckoned for Nasir to follow me. When we got to the other side, Nasir cornered me and put his hands on the wall so I couldn't escape.

"Where you been at? I missed you," he whispered in my ear. He momentarily removed one of his hands from the wall to grab mine and place it on top of his growing erection. Of course he's trying to get some right now. Men.

I snatched my hand back and pushed him away. He staggered backward momentarily but quickly regained his bearings, planting his hands at my sides yet again.

"Nasir, we can't keep messing around."

He scoffed. "I've heard that one from you before but you always come back so what's the difference this time?"

I took a sip of my drink. "I'm trying to be a better person," I told him as I pressed my free hand against his chest to keep him at a safe distance.

"So...what? Being a better person means you can't swallow this dick?"

I couldn't help but to roll my eyes at him. I was becoming more turned off from this conversation by the second. This whole thing seemed futile because even as drunk as I am, he's even worse. Probably cross faded.

"That's part of the problem," I mumbled.

"Huh?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. It was impossible to tell if he couldn't hear me over the music or if he just didn't understand where I was coming from.

"That's part of the problem," I repeated. "Head is one thing, but you don't even want that from me! Anytime we get together you wanna fuck me and we're always so drunk or high that I forget how weak your damn pullout game is! You know I had a pregnancy scare because of your ass?"

His mouth fell open but he quickly picked his jaw up off the floor. "Are you saying I make you a bad person?" He questioned me.

"No! I'm saying I can't be a better person if I keep making the same mistakes and going in the same meaningless ass circles! Not everything is about you, Nasir!"