1

Omniscient

Beyoncé aimlessly walked the hallways of her high school, hoping that even at her slow pace, she'd make it to her locker before the bell rang that signaled she had five minutes to get to homeroom-well, first period. Thanks to everyone skipping homeroom last year, it was completely cut from the schedule.

She eventually reached her locker and put the combination in with no thought

She eventually reached her locker and put the combination in with no thought. It was towards the end of her senior year so muscle memory was essential to everything that she did at this point. She'd speculated on multiple occasions that she could probably walk to each of her classes blindfolded.

The inside of her locker was pretty minimalistic, at least to her standards with its one shelf, and three hooks (one of which was loose). But, she had her own mirror and a couple gold stars taped on the door's interior. Not because she was a stellar student, but because it was her favorite color.

She began unpacking her bag, putting her textbook on the one shelf and tossing a binder at the bottom of the locker. She knew she'd regret that when she'd come back later and have to bend over and pick it up, a fear of hers. She quickly leaned over and right as she was about to grab it, she felt a force push her from behind causing her to hit her head on the back wall of the locker and let out a grunt.

"Hey Beyoncé!" The cheery voice called from behind her and she recognized it to be her best friend, Ming. Beyoncé grabbed the binder and backed out of her locker.

"Jesus Ming! What's wrong?" She whined.

"Sorry! I just wanted to see if you were still coming over after school to study for these exams

"Sorry! I just wanted to see if you were still coming over after school to study for these exams. We can walk together." Beyoncé thought back and forth about it. Quite honestly, she didn't feel like going anywhere today; but she also didn't feel like making up some excuse as to why she couldn't go.

Beyoncé was ripped out of her thoughts as Ming snapped in her face.
"Uh...yeah I'm still going." She smiled and put her bag on a hook that wasn't loose.

"Great I'll meet you at the east entrance after school." She nodded and grabbed a random mechanical pencil and her binder for her first few periods and closed her locker.