15

Y'all getting my votes and comments back up😭 I love y'all fr! Your activeness has encouraged me to update again! That and...ignoring all these online assignments. I also had three AP exams this week so bear with me!

Today's discussion question: who is your favorite character and why?

Ming's POV

"What do you think we should do for the project? I was thinking maybe a powerpoint or a video," I said to Beyoncé. I was sitting at my desk with my laptop open, ready to begin while she was on my bed staring into space.

"Mhm. Whichever one. I know they'll both be good," she grumbled as she opened her phone, sighed, and then threw it down next to her, an action that she had been repeating this entire time.

Something had been off about her ever since we got back from the field trip which was cut short because of a thunderstorm that was going to be blowing through over the last couple days of the excursion. Beyoncé was definitely relieved that we would be leaving early and so was I.

I didn't mind the trip, it was actually fun for me. But, it would've been a lot funner if we didn't invite Onika and Robyn, the source of Beyoncé's sour mood on the trip and the reason that we never wanted to be in the cabin.

Avoiding the tension between the two older girls was a positive thing as far as our project goes (I got some really great photos) but for my best friend, it only seemed to make things worse. Probably because she was so wrapped up in her thoughts about the two.

"Beyoncé, what's wrong?" I huffed and swiveled around in my chair to face her completely. We were going to get to the bottom of this. Either she was gonna tell me or I was going to find out for myself.

"Nothing. I told you I'm just tired," she answered.

I rolled my eyes. Every time I tried to ask what was wrong, she'd give me the same response. Of course I knew she was lying. Plus we'd been home for an entire day now, more than enough time to catch up on rest.

"Whatever, you can go home if you want. I got it from here. Just, send me some facts about animals in the wild compared to captivity and we'll be good," I dismissed her, not to be rude, but because she seemed to want to be alone.

"No Ming. I'll stay here, I'm not just gonna dump the whole project on you, that's unfair," she decided and shook her head. She turned her phone off completely and finally looked me right in the eye.

"You're not I promise. We both know you can't edit and decorate to save your life. I just don't want my last big project in biology to be ugly as s-"

"Ming! Mommy said...oh, hey Beyoncé," Nicki greeted the girl. Well this is awkward.

"You're right, Ming. I should probably just leave that to you. But I'll carry my weight on the other parts, I promise. I'll see you later," she finished.