22

Yeah yeah yeah a Christmas miracle, I know lmao

Onika's POV

I decided to enlist the help of Robyn's best friend, Melissa, in order to execute my plan. I was sitting in a chair across from hers at the desk in her office. It was so weird being in her mini mansion during normal hours where there aren't girls twerking everywhere and people practically having their hands down each other's pants in the corners of the rooms. This room was always off limits though during Mel's parties.

"So, are you going to help me or not?" I crossed my arms as Mel sipped on her caprisun like a six year old.

Mel gave me an uninterested look as she sat her juice down. "I'm gonna need some type of booking deposit for my assistance with whatever you need my help with."

I looked at her like she was insane. "Booking deposit-am I asking my friend for help with something or trying to schedule a hair appointment with a stylist on Instagram?"

Mel shrugged. "I'm a very busy girl, an entrepreneur. I have a business to run and you know that. For Mel Chapo, time is money and money is time."

I couldn't help but scoff and look at her with borderline digust. "That third person shit is corny. But okay, what do you want?"

Mel looked at a spot on the wall in the distance, obviously deeply in thought. She picked her caprisun back up and sipped on it loudly. "I don't know," she answered with a shrug.

I threw my hands up in the air and let out an exasperated breath. "So why in the hell are you asking me for a deposit when you don't even have a service price! Even the stylists have that even though it's usually an outrageous amount. I can't even just bribe you with weed like I do to everybody else. You're literally a dealer," I whined.

Mel's eyes lit up. "There is one thing I love more than weed," she revealed with a sly smile and the Caprisun still in her mouth. It was empty so she was now making loud slurping sounds for no reason.

As much as I wanted to tell her to throw the damn juice pouch away, I needed her on my side so I chose to ignore it and speak on the task at hand. "Are you going to tell me what that is or...," I trailed off and gave her a side eye.

"You're a smart girl," she stood up from her chair, "I'm about to go smoke this blunt and let you figure it out. You have until I get back to come up with something. After that, I gotta go, I have some errands to run." Mel stood up and picked up a blunt and her lighter from her rolling tray.

She left me in the room by myself. I stared at her wooden desk, deep in thought. I've known Melissa since middle school and I couldn't think of a single thing she enjoyed more than weed. She was the first person to introduce me to it. I'll never forget how stuck I was that day, it would feel like thirty minutes had passed and it hadn't even been five. I spent hours planted on the couch. I was the couch. I'll never understand how she came to school everyday like that and still graduated.

I thought about all of the times I would come out of class for a thirty minute bathroom break and Mel was almost always leaned up against some wall or somebody's locker with her eyes low. And it was always with her long ass arms wrapped around some girl. That's it! I quickly pulled my phone out of my purse and got to work. About twenty minutes later, Mel came back into the room as high as could be.

She sat down in her chair with a content sigh and asked, "Did you figure something out?"

I sat my phone on the desk facing her. "These...are screenshots from the Instagram profiles of the most eligible bachelorettes in my friend group. Take your pick." I began swiping through the photos and Mel looked like she was deeper and deeper into heaven after each swipe.