17

Sowwy I'm late

Sowwy I'm late...2 years late 😬 . Yes this is the real chapter, I'm gonna stop fucking with y'all LMAOOOO

Beyoncé's POV

"Normani?!" I repeated in disbelief.

Ming nodded her head and gave me an odd look as if I was insane or something.

"Beyoncé, have you not seen the way that girl looks at you? It's so obvious that she's into you. I don't know how you've never noticed it before."

I stared at the lockers across from me in silence, trying to think of at least one time where I've seen Normani look at me in any sort of way that would cause Ming to even think that was a possibility. I was at a loss.

"Uh, hello? Earth to Beyoncé. Why aren't you saying anything?" Ming wondered as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Hm, I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that my best friend just told me that my co captain has a crush on me!"

"I personally thought it was pretty obvious."

"Normani. Normani Kordei Hamilton?" I found myself staring at the locker room tile flooring in shock.

"Bitch how many other Normanis do you know?" Ming jokingly inquired.

"Whatever. But like...should I even go to prom? Honestly, I'm really not in the mood and I don't want to seem like an asshole to her."

"Beyoncé. We only get one prom, yes you should go." Ming lightly hit me as if I had just said something obscene.

"I don't know...I'll think about it. Still not convinced it's worth my time."

"I forgot to mention, turns out the school is desperate for chaperones, so when Onika and whatever that other girl's name is...is it Rowan? Sorry I only talked to her like twice. Whatever it is, when they signed the permission slip for that little science retreat thing, they also signed up to chaperone the prom," Ming glanced down at her phone, "shit. I gotta go. Kelly is waiting for me, you know how she is."

Ming patted my back before getting off of the bench and leaving the locker room. I directed my attention back to the slate gray tile. Well now I had two options, either stay home and avoid the situation completely, or show up and show out. The decision was clear. Beyoncé Giselle Knowles was about to have the comeback of the century.

~~~~~~~~~

I hate to admit it, but after Ming broke the news about my secret (but really not so secret to everyone else) admirer, Normani, I began to look at her differently. I stared at her an unusual amount during practices, and I knew she caught some of my glances which would always come at the wrong time.

For example, one day she pitched a new idea to me before practice for a certain part of our upcoming dance, she bent over at the end and was waiting for my approval, and what was I doing? Staring at her ass. Another great example, another day before practice she asked me to help her stretch.