16

My damn Mac doing the stanky leg so I had to borrow someone else's laptop to do this. I could've typed it on my phone but I type faster on a laptop and I'm boujie so...this chapter is a little longer than usual too.

Like y'all what THE entire fuck is this tomfoolery

Beyoncé's POV

"Damn, that looks really good," I complimented Solange's current painting as I walked out onto the deck in the backyard. Lauryn Hill was blasting and she was bobbing her head up and down.

She glanced back at me and gave me a little smile before going back to work.

"Thanks, fat head," she mumbled as she mixed paints on her palette, trying to achieve the perfect shade.

"I always thought everything you did was shitty, but I see you got one talent. Just one," I joked and sat down on the swing with my songbook in hand.

"Whatever. You talk too damn much, why you think I came out here in the first place?"

"What is it?" I asked, ignoring her complaints.

She gave me a look like I was slow and held up the large photo. I squinted at it and leaned forward, recognizing the picture immediately and the events that followed. It was a black bear fishing in a robust stream.

The day before our trip had gotten cut short, Ming and I struck gold in the woods. While we were picking mulberries off of a tree after we had climbed it for a short assignment break, Ming had spotted the bear across the small river.

I tried to talk her out of it, but she insisted on catching the moment on camera and before I could list the many ways that this could possibly go wrong, she had hopped out of the tree. I reluctantly followed because I couldn't have her little ass getting snatched up.

Ming was able to snap a few tranquil photos before all of hell broke loose, but not on our end. Chris and Brent were fucking around and trying to rile the bear up. It worked, but they thought it would be funny to make it look like it was us, so they were throwing rocks onto our side. Thank god, the bear was smart and turned around and began chasing them through the woods, all of which, Ming had captured on her roll of film. She developed it and posted it on her Instagram.

"Ohhh, see. I tried to erase that whole trip from my brain which is why I didn't recognize that photo," I explained and she scoffed.

"Okay, Dory. You gonna stay out here or..." she trailed off. I caught the hint but I was out here for a reason.

"Yes, thank you very much. I'll be quiet and stop bothering you, I promise." I opened my songbook and read over my last entry, trying to figure out how to finish it off.

So go ahead and get gone,
call up that chick and see if she's home,
oops I bet you thought that I didn't know, what did you think I was putting you out for?