7

Beyoncé's POV

Beyoncé's POV

I grabbed the sides of the pool trim so I'd stay afloat without treading and she wouldn't have to either, making sure my fingers were in line with the edges of the block. Onika and I were staring at each other, our wet skin touching.

We got completely silent as the door creaked open.

"We shouldn't even be here, girl. Whatever you got to say isn't worth us getting caught by another student or someone in the staff." A male voice said, probably only a few yards away from us.

"I know. But I just saw you during practice and I had to talk to you. I don't want any bad blood between us, but I heard what you're going to do to her and it doesn't need to happen." What the hell was Kelly doing in here and who was she talking to?

"Aye, I don't know who told you, but you need to mind your business. The bitch got what's coming to her." The male voice replied.

"I'm trying to tell you Dwayne. Don't do anything you'll regret! It wasn't her idea it was mine!" They were talking about me.

"I don't care. She didn't have to actually do it. Now Gabby's done with me and her dad is gonna try and bench me for the rest of the championships. If I don't play, scouts aren't gonna see me and it's all because of your damn friend."

"Like I said, it was me who came up with the idea. So if I went through with it instead of her, you're telling me that you would hurt me too?" She asked with attitude clearly laced in her voice.

"Nah, you know I fuck with you too much to do that. I got love for you." I heard a kissing sound.

"Dwayne, I got love for her. You can't hurt her if you wouldn't hurt me. Please."

"I don't care. Her friend can get it too. She got Cozy trynna kill me for letting Gabby get her ass beat."

"You will not touch Ming, Dwayne." I felt Nicki try to push away from me like she was gonna beat his ass while naked. I quickly shook my head.

"Why you so defensive? You like the girl or something?" I was curious as to what she would say.

"Ming ain't never did shit to no one. This whole thing is your fault Dwayne, just know I will snitch on you in a fucking heartbeat." The sound of him kissing his teeth echoed throughout the room.

"You know what, Kelly? I'm done. I don't even know why you wanted to have this conversation."

"Please Dwayne, don't hurt them. I'll do anything. Just...please leave them alone. If you do anything to them it'll really fuck up your future, fuck a championship." They were silent for a minute.