10

Y'all smell that? It smell like inactivity, my bad!

Things that have happened to me while I've been gone: literally not shit, just grades being somewhat decent, got a 29 on my ACT, met Brent Faiyaz at my school basketball game even though he's my friend's cousin. Not much else, but let's see if I'm back permanently shall we

Ming's POV

"So are you like...gay now?" I asked Kelly over facetime while gluing my graphs to my poster for AP Biology.

"No. I wouldn't say gay. Just taking a break from dick." I nodded pretending to understand even though I didn't.

Kelly and I were always so different but somehow ran in the same circles. More recently she'd been confiding in me about her struggles in life which honestly held no weight to me, but I liked to hear her talk so it didn't even matter to me.

"So if you're taking a break from...dick, how do you KNOW you're taking a break if you've never been with a girl?" She popped back up into the frame, now with a scarf wrapped tightly around her head.

"Well I'll just have to find a girl willing to make me take a break then, won't I?" She smirked and I couldn't tell if she was teasing me or not. It was always so hard to tell and it was way different than the dreams I have where she falls into my arms telling me how much she loves me.

"Well...that's one idea I guess." I pushed my glasses up my nose a little because I felt them getting close to falling off. I analyzed the current layout of my presentation for a moment, debating on whether or not to switch around a couple sections.

"You look cute," she mumbled. I looked up to see her laying down on top of a stuffed animal with her phone probably propped up against a pillow.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"You look cute. I like the glasses on you, they suit you. And you have some hair in your face but you probably don't even notice because you're so focused. I think you look cute." She mumbled before taking a long blink, clearly getting tired.

"Why don't you get some rest, Kelly." I suggested seeing as it was getting late, I'd just been procrastinating which is why I was still up dealing with this project.

"I wanna talk to you though MingMing." She whined.

"Yes, but you're tired and we have the big game tomorrow and you're captain." I tried to reason with her as I glued the last couple slides of information to the poster.

"So? You're co-captain. You need sleep too but if you're not going to sleep, neither am I."

"Whatever, suit yourself. But when you're falling asleep on the side of the court tomorrow you can't say I didn't try to warn you."

We sat in silence for a few minutes while I finished up and began writing my name carefully on the back.

"Ming. I really like y-" she was cut off by a loud commotion that came from upstairs in my house.