The Beginning

"Ok, take that away... Add that... No, no, no... Yes."

Peter Parker was sitting at his desk, working on a new version of his web fluid. He was so into his work, that he didn't hear his crush and next-door neighbor, Dani Cimorelli, open his bedroom door. Heck, he didn't even notice she was there, until she cleared her throat.

"Ahem!"

"DOH!" jumped a startled Peter, trying his best to hide his work from her. "Uh, h- hey, Dan. Uh, what-are-you, what-are-you, what are you doing here?... I mean, not that I'm not happy to see you, I am, but-"

"Relax, dork," she laughed, softly, as she gently punched his arm. "May let me in. I just wanted to see if you wanted to join me and my family for Thai."

"Oh, uh, I- I'd love that, uh... but I'm doing, um... I- I'm doing homework, right now."

"Homework?" asked Dani, suspiciously darting her green eyes to him. "Really?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah," said Peter, a little too quickly.

"You sure?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Ok..." she smiled, before turning away. "Later, dork of cuteness."

Before Dani could leave, however, Peter spoke up.

"Uh, actually!" he said, getting her attention. "I can, I can go. I can go. I mean, if the offer still stands. I can go, if the offer still stands."

"Really?" she smiled. "Your 'homework' can wait?"

"Yeah, homework... Homework can wait."

"Alright, let's go."

And with that, the two went to a Thai restaurant with Dani's family.